PDA

View Full Version : some of this is weird

Mr_RPM
07-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Yesterday was another Christmas for me as some more parts came in. I ordered an EBC clutch fiber kit from Dennis Kirk. (got an exhaust, UNI filter, recoil cable, and clutch kit all in 2 days from them)

on the back of the EBC box it says: (along with installation procedures)

"SAFETY WARNING
Never start a motorcycle whilst in gear

Never reverse a motorcycle with the clutch depressed and a gear engaged

always apply front brakes when depressing clutch before selecting gears

never engage gears from a standing start with engine speed above 1500 RPM"

lol like i said some of it is weird. maybe its just the wording. alot of safety warnings are over the top too. just found it interesting. what do you think?

oh and i got the steel cable for the recoil starter thats advertised for ATCs in dennis kirk from Parts unlimited. Its a super stiff cable like a throttle cable. its looking kinda sketchy. i will let you know how it works, have any of you used one before?

shortline10
07-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Is the recoil cable rubber or plastic coated if not dont use it .

Yesterday was another Christmas for me as some more parts came in. I ordered an EBC clutch fiber kit from Dennis Kirk. (got an exhaust, UNI filter, recoil cable, and clutch kit all in 2 days from them)

on the back of the EBC box it says: (along with installation procedures)

"SAFETY WARNING
Never start a motorcycle whilst in gear

Never reverse a motorcycle with the clutch depressed and a gear engaged

always apply front brakes when depressing clutch before selecting gears

never engage gears from a standing start with engine speed above 1500 RPM"

lol like i said some of it is weird. maybe its just the wording. alot of safety warnings are over the top too. just found it interesting. what do you think?

oh and i got the steel cable for the recoil starter thats advertised for ATCs in dennis kirk from Parts unlimited. Its a super stiff cable like a throttle cable. its looking kinda sketchy. i will let you know how it works, have any of you used one before?

Mr_RPM
07-31-2010, 03:01 PM
it has a clear plastic coating.

ktmbk
07-31-2010, 03:22 PM
I have one of those cables on my 83 185s for years. It works great, and ends the broken pull cord issue.
Sounds like they put some of those warnings through a translator and got some missed meanings. Sad thing is most of those warnings come about because someone did something stupid.

harryredtrike
07-31-2010, 11:18 PM
dont eat dinner on the top step of a ladder either,(very dangerous).that pull start cable is the bomb.you can use steel cable plastic coated clothes line also

Mr_RPM
07-31-2010, 11:42 PM
im super glad the cable works good. i was worried the stiffness would be too much for the recoil spring to suck in.
i guess i cant use the clutch plates either...."always apply front brakes when depressing clutch before selecting gears"....110s dont have front brakes....im screwed =(.......lmao :lol:

Thorpe
07-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Well, in EBC's defense, there are alot of stupid people running rampant in this world....

Mr_RPM
08-01-2010, 12:04 AM
or all their safety warnings are perfectly fine. its just the translator from wherever they come from is a little slow. =P

although the Installation instructions/warnings are perfectly fine.