PDA

View Full Version : Oregon riders Thread

250rRoostmaster
07-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Just wanted to start a thread with my fellow oregon riders to share places to ride, parts or bikes to sell, and maybe even get a big trike ride organized!! Post with stories or interest and definatly pics:pics: of your bikes!! Hope to ride and B.S. with you guys soon!! :beer

Jeepermc
07-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Trying to put a ride together with friends right now....still early... don't even know which sand spot yet...Likely either Winchester Bay or Florence with a possibility of Coos..

250rRoostmaster
07-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I really like the hill climbs of winchester man! They're pretty intense!! I know for sure The first weekend of sept my buddie and i are gonna hit up winchester for the weekend!!!

ceaserthethird
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
we been having some good weather here in Oregon, If you like hard trail's with rock's & Mud and Sharp rock Check out Jones Creek in Washington !

Here's a Sneak Peak at a December Ride !

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/ceaserthethird/Dune%20pics%20Vac/189.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/ceaserthethird/Dune%20pics%20Vac/190.jpg

250rRoostmaster
07-28-2010, 04:51 PM
i used to ride there alot when i had my cr250!! Some of those trails are pretty sweet!! the ones with the cinder blocks in the ground are really cool too, gives a bit of traction ya know trailpro

hang&rattle
07-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Funny, talked to my Mom (Cornelius) and brother (Portland) this morning about moving. I was born in Bremerton Wa, but most of my reletives are spread out on the NW coast. The way you talk it don't make it hard to leave MT. Do me a favor, keep up on this thread and the 3-wheeler sites, I'll be keeping an eye open.

250rRoostmaster
07-28-2010, 09:03 PM
For sure man, oregon/washington have some of the best places to ride and you will love it if you come back!!! You got the best of both worlds around here... Sweet dunes and kick @ss trails!!!

tri again
07-29-2010, 02:05 AM
we hit the dunes in florence last monday.

I think we counted 12, yes twelve other bikes all day in however many square miles of dry lakebed and sweeping sand trails from dreamland.

I've got a few 84 200es that can go to new homes too, but not sure where to post them

portland250r
07-29-2010, 03:49 AM
im suprised no ones brought up browns camp yet thats a good place to hit up. then theres all these tracks i dont know how many of them allow 3 wheelers.

for those who dont know you need a drivers license to ride on public land and if your too young theres a written test you need to take.

250rRoostmaster
07-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Yeah man browns camp and lees camp are both sweet places to ride although they've changed a bit over the years but none the less solid places to go trail rippin!!

portland250r
07-30-2010, 01:51 AM
some people are intimidated by browns camp. why the hell r u scared i asked. and there reply was my friend drove his quad off a cliff by accident and killed himself.
thats p%%%% crap just cause someone dies dont mean its a bad place its just like trikes people make a huge deal out of them and rant about how mean and dangerouse they are they make it sound like the trike comes to life and intentionally kills u on purpose come on flush all that bullcrap out of your head and try it. man people are so gullible and become ignorant from it.

250rRoostmaster
07-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Its definatly not the machienes fault that's for sure, it's called rider error and probably inexperience. I mean people die and get hurt all the time on motorcycle-quads-cars- hell even on bicycles but nobody makes a big deal about those things... just trikes. Pretty stupid and bet any of those people that killed themselves on trikes would of had the same result on a quad.

Pintowagon77
08-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Cool to find this, I live in Hauser, Or. Its the little neighborhood across from the dunes. I live literally a 1/4mile from the staging area for the KOA campground. Anyone going for a ride or in the need of any 250r parts give me a holler, 541 260 1413. Oh if anyone goes rising get your gas at the Wagon Wheel across the 101. They have 92 octane NO ETHENOL!!! its good stuff. my clutch is getting fixed befor Dunefest, hopefully.

250rRoostmaster
08-01-2010, 01:24 AM
That must be sweet living right by all the big dunes of oregon!!! We might be hiiting whinchester the first weekend of sept.

factoryX
08-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Central oregon has a ton of nice trail systems, couple fun pits, and whats cool is that there all with in 30 miles of bend. However, I do miss browns camp.

portland250r
08-02-2010, 02:05 AM
up by the snake river there is some of my favorite spots to hit up but its not for 3 wheelers or sport quads when i younger i would drive a arctic cat 300 4x4 quad up crazy trails and powerline roads at hells canyon theres also lots of snow there.
the best spot in oregon if your looking for a hard trail.

jadleybray
08-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Leaving for dunefest in Winchester bay in 3 days!!!

250rRoostmaster
08-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Wish i could go but no vacation left!!!! :mad:

Pintowagon77
08-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Hope i get my clutch working, replaced the rod and ball and cable wont release clutch. think disks are sticking>!>! Need to get my new pj 34 upgrade and dg pipe tuned in, dont know if it is going to happen by Dunefest but people coming out give me a call, i got tons of parts for airfoolers.

250rRoostmaster
08-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Cool man will do!!

250rRoostmaster
08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Antbody ever riddin at big lake?? A guy was telling me about it and it sounded like a good place to trail ride...

portland250r
08-09-2010, 10:47 PM
man wish i could make dunefest theres so many banshees to punk around F all them banshee people it makes me want to build a custom trike that will screw all them over thats all its about anymore is those retarded banshees thats all you really see on the website. i got nothing against banshees but everyone says all i see is banshees it pisses me off.

i have been to big lake once its mostly sand trails and not much open riding areas.

Pintowagon77
08-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Don't feel bad. I live literally a 1/2 mile from the dunes, in Hauser by boxcar. My bike has been under a rebuild since July 4th Sandfest to make it to Dunefest. I spent all month working on my bike just to have b.s. family problems and not to go! errrr. I sat here all weekend listening to the buzz of atv's in the distance, saw a bad boy Tecate w/ 500 motor at the gas station.
OREGON RIDERS- if you want to build a drag bike i got; 83-84 250r frame and two halfs, a swing arm and linkage, and misc for a chop and weld project. If you are interested give me a holler and you can get it if you come down the coast to the dunes, or if i come up to Portland.

Jeepermc
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Might be down that way mid to late september pintowagon.... Haven't decided on a date (18/19 or 25/26 weekends) yet or location... seems like so far the majority of my group wants Coos Bay and we'll camp in the sand off Hauser rd... The other choice is Winchester but we may save that for Thanksgiving this year.

Pintowagon77
08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
hell ya, i have been in to 3wheelers for years but have just recently, bout 2 months, become part of the online community. I love atc's and will help out anyone in need of parts. I have made a few trips home for clutch cables and stuff from Hauser and it only takes 10min. This gives me more reason to get me bike tuned/jetted after pj34 and new pipe mods. give me a holler 541 260 1413

Also if someone finds something they want off Craigslist or whatever on the Oregon Coast i will be happy to take a look for them, i will give lots of heads up on good buys too.
If anyone rides the dunes try -USE- the premium gas at the Wagon Wheel, unless u run alcahol. The gas is good clean NO ETHENOL 92 octane. I run it in all my small engins and love the stuff. It runs about 3.30 per gal. The Wagon Wheel is located between Spinreel and Hauser @ the flashing yellow light, there are two yellow lights its NOT the one in front of the Myrtlewood Factory but the one north on the 101.

portland250r
08-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Don't feel bad. I live literally a 1/2 mile from the dunes, in Hauser by boxcar. My bike has been under a rebuild since July 4th Sandfest to make it to Dunefest. I spent all month working on my bike just to have b.s. family problems and not to go! errrr. I sat here all weekend listening to the buzz of atv's in the distance, saw a bad boy Tecate w/ 500 motor at the gas station.
OREGON RIDERS- if you want to build a drag bike i got; 83-84 250r frame and two halfs, a swing arm and linkage, and misc for a chop and weld project. If you are interested give me a holler and you can get it if you come down the coast to the dunes, or if i come up to Portland.

you seen a tecate 500, you should have thrown the guy some cash then you would have had a nice ride for dunefest theyres no way i could walk by a tecate and not try bribing the owner.

Pintowagon77
08-11-2010, 03:06 PM
it was listed on craigslist for sale and said it will be out on the dunes "taking offers" let me find the post.... cant find it maybe he sold it.

Pintowagon77
08-28-2010, 09:06 PM
anyone coming to the dunes Labor Day? Hit me up

cr480r
08-28-2010, 10:23 PM
man wish i could make dunefest theres so many banshees to punk around F all them banshee people it makes me want to build a custom trike that will screw all them over thats all its about anymore is those retarded banshees thats all you really see on the website. i got nothing against banshees but everyone says all i see is banshees it pisses me off.

i have been to big lake once its mostly sand trails and not much open riding areas.

man i was happy to see some banshees again at dunefest... love the 2 stroke smells... for years everyones been hung up on 450's...I cant stand the noise they make.. I even seen quite a few atc250r's.. I believe the trikes are making a come back...

Oregon Trail
08-29-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm down in Southern Oregon out of Jacksonville.

Jeepermc
08-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Will be at Coos Sept. 22-26 camped in the sand off Hauser Rd...

250rRoostmaster
05-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Bump.......

ceaserthethird
05-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Any one else riding the Oregon coast dunes ?

Jeepermc
05-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Was in florence a few weeks ago in between the rains.. gonna try to get to winchester in the next month or two.

tri again
05-24-2011, 05:24 AM
If anyone gets near eugene / Veneta around the 2nd weekend in July, it's oregoncountryfair weekend and any and all trike folks are welcome to camp here for free.

Veneta is 40 miles to Florence and the dunes
via hwy 126

Actually, ANY time of year is ok to camp here if anyone happens to be running i 5 from San Diego to Canada.

We're like 3 turns and 20 minutes from that freeway on the way to the coastal dunes.

Just thinking someone may just need a place to recharge.

Have a great summer everyone!

ceaserthethird
05-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Think I'll be riding Sandlake this weekend ( Memorial day weekend 27~30 2011 ), NON of my local friends want to go down south

jadleybray
05-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Winchester was great couple weekends ago for Raptor Rally. No rain, well once early sat morn before the sun came up. Other than that a nice weekend!

350XJEDI
05-25-2011, 02:24 PM
:wonderingwhere is sand lake from portland ,vanc. area would like to check it out ? I ride jones creek and the powerlines almost every weekend would love to see more trikes up there , the trails are open ,but they are a little rough , some rain damage , logging has tore up the area some too, but that just makes it more challanging, see ya all out on the trails :welcome::D

Jeepermc
05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Sand lake is out past the tillamook area. Just google it. Personally, i'd spend the extra time to hit the big 3- Florence, Winchester, and/or coos... I've become a bit of a "sand snob" tho...Not a huge fan of sand lake, but for you it may be worth a day trip or weekend because you are closer than I am.

falloutboy
05-26-2011, 01:38 AM
If anybody is coming down to Coos Bay/hauser/spinreel or Winchester Bay, let me know. I'm just a few minutes away from spinreel...

Saleenster
05-26-2011, 07:08 AM
DDR group is having their annual trike get together at Florence over fathers day wkend...June 16-20 the group will be there.

falloutboy, we were in coos bay and windy bay the past 2 wkends....next event is fathers day.

Bretmd94
05-26-2011, 01:43 PM
I think next trip for us is 4th of July. Might be possible to do a quick trip earlier, we will see

falloutboy
05-27-2011, 01:27 AM
I think next trip for us is 4th of July. Might be possible to do a quick trip earlier, we will see

Yeah, I can't wait for Sandfest this year! They updated the schedule and it looks like what they are calling the 3-Wheeler regatta is going to be a big part of Sandfest this year. http://www.originalsandfest.com/eventschedule.html

Saleenster- not sure if I'll be able to make it up for fathers day weekend. I'll have to wait and see whats going on...

Saleenster
05-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I can't wait for Sandfest this year! They updated the schedule and it looks like what they are calling the 3-Wheeler regatta is going to be a big part of Sandfest this year. http://www.originalsandfest.com/eventschedule.html

Saleenster- not sure if I'll be able to make it up for fathers day weekend. I'll have to wait and see whats going on...

No biggie, I'll be at Sandfest also, the whole week. Just look for the slow 250R junk stuff and that will be us

250rRoostmaster
05-27-2011, 07:05 PM
If anybody can go down to sand lake, florence, whinchester, ect. during the week let me know.. I unfortunatly work the weekends when most people are riding :mad:

250rRoostmaster
09-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Bumpin this thread for the oregon boys!

tri again
09-10-2011, 07:14 PM
hey.

just checkin' out the best weather at the coast all year.

No need to ride in the foothills with weather (and fire danger) like this.

Our concern is that when it gets stupid hot in the valley, it really blows at the beach.
I mean last time the the weather differential was radical, riding back to the truck was like
30 mph winds against 30 mph trike so combined it was 60 mph. sandblast. Good for rusty rims but that is all.

Can we call the harbor master or someone who actually knows what it's like at the coast?

Most retailers and hotels and restaurants simply say 'come on over' (and bring $$ to spend)

Whatchoo thinkin?

we need our trike n' dune memories to last all winter.

250rRoostmaster
09-10-2011, 07:40 PM
We were supposed to go trail riding at mcubbins gulch thursday but they closed down all the trails in tillimook because of the damn fires!! Grrr, so we decided to hit sand lake ( yea i know it's not the coolest place but its close for a day trip:cool: ) The weather was pretty good, overcast till about noon then it got up to about 75-80ish i'd say... Also there were only about 10 people there all day and 1 fellow 86 250r rider!!! It was pretty cool rippin around the dunes with this old dude on his r!!:lol:

250rRoostmaster
09-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I dont know who we can call, maybe a few people on this thread might be able to help?? I know some have mentioned that they live near florence, wichester, and or sand lake so maybe they could give us a heads up on the ol' weather forecast when needed??!!?!?!

tri again
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
We were supposed to go trail riding at mcubbins gulch thursday but they closed down all the trails in tillimook because of the damn fires!! Grrr, so we decided to hit sand lake ( yea i know it's not the coolest place but its close for a day trip:cool: ) The weather was pretty good, overcast till about noon then it got up to about 75-80ish i'd say... Also there were only about 10 people there all day and 1 fellow 86 250r rider!!! It was pretty cool rippin around the dunes with this old dude on his r!!:lol:
Sand lake?

I guess I should know where that is by now.

With all the places shutting down, we need options.

Lumber mills, logging company roads, all kinda closing due to economy.

Some with new gates and huge ditches to prevent, well, even walking across them.
These shutdowns are getting serious.

Heck, we had at least 5 choices within a couple miles of home that are all closed now.

For us in Veneta / Noti, it's shotguncreek, huckleberry in the eastern foothills (DRYDRY HOT and dusty)
or the 42 mile run to the coast @ Florence and goose pasture, south jetty.
a 3D rollercoaster gorgeous, IMO.

Wetsuits and boards also come along for that trip.

250rRoostmaster
09-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Sand lake is right outside of tillimook, about a hour from florence, it's a small dune area but it works for short trips but if you have florence only 40 min away i wouldn't even bother with sand lake.. Logging has taken over quite a few trail in the last few years but at least there are a few new ones opening occasionally around browns camp-prison camp-mcubbins gulch area for trail riding, well once the fires die down that is!!

250rRoostmaster
10-28-2011, 09:05 AM
ATTN: All oregon riders!!!

There is a new OHV park going in 5 min. outside of Estacada, OR (about 30min from portland)!! It's called LaDee Flats OHV park and its under construction as we speak!! The staging area should be set in the next month or 2 and new trails are being formed with trailmarking signs in the works!! I went there wednesday and this place has a lot of good trail riding potential!!!

250rRoostmaster
05-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Bringing back this oldie for the Oregon trikers!!

250rRoostmaster
05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Florence ride next week, May 9th through the 12th (Thurs-Sun) camped at the sand dunes frontier campground! Hope some of you can make it out, gonna be killer weekend weather wise it looks like.

hawaiirider
05-02-2013, 03:59 PM
wont make it to florence probably but i live darn near duneside here in windy bay so if you get this way pm me, i ride everyweekend

250rRoostmaster
05-02-2013, 05:03 PM
They have dunes in valdez alaska???:lol: Just noticed that's where your location is haha. I will definatly hit you up next time we go!

250rRoostmaster
01-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Bumped for the Oregonians- We need to get a big ride planned for this summer. Winchester or Coos bay, lets get a west coast trikefest started!

hawaiirider
01-08-2015, 06:36 PM
i live right on the dunes by reedsport, we used to have a big gang of trikes the trike mafia, we went for biggest air possible. now everybodys moved on. fallout boy is on here hes in lakeside still.

250rRoostmaster
01-09-2015, 08:16 AM
I will message you next time we are going. My buddy will have his bansheet done in a month or so. Looking like march/april weather depending.

socs28
01-09-2015, 02:47 PM
I'm in Coos Bay, ride with the family most of the time, and I'm the only one on a trike, but would love to get together with a group. And I've totally been thinking west coast trike fest is needed. Coos Bay Dunes would be awesome.

ceaserthethird
01-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Itching for a spin at the dunes :)

John jr
01-10-2015, 09:14 PM
I'm having Sand Withdrawls. Got to get out there soon. Got to put race cut on some new aluminum wheels then mount some 18" tires on them to try on my R55 ATC 70.

hawaiirider
01-12-2015, 10:48 AM
itd be nice to have a group of trikes again!

Samjp22
01-12-2015, 11:32 AM
I'd like to make it down there sometime this spring/summer/fall

250rRoostmaster
01-14-2015, 09:30 AM
I'd like to make it down there sometime this spring/summer/fall

That's a long journey! Hope to see you and everybody else this year, I will update this thread when the next ride is planned. Everybody feel free to do the same so we can try and all link up!!

tri again
01-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Most folks know that we host summer festivals west of Eugene
and 40 miles from the dunes in Florence, Oregon. 42 square miles of dunes.
Any and ALL trikers are welcome to stay here at the farm and stay for free,
work on trikes etc etc.
Great mowed creek like half pipe to tune technique, river for fishing
and honda parts and tools at the ready.
quietcamp.com will get you contact info.
for anyone rolling through this area, and doesn't have to be summer.
We're here all the time.

Fox250R
01-14-2015, 10:13 PM
we been having some good weather here in Oregon, If you like hard trail's with rock's & Mud and Sharp rock Check out Jones Creek in Washington !

Here's a Sneak Peak at a December Ride !

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/ceaserthethird/Dune%20pics%20Vac/189.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/ceaserthethird/Dune%20pics%20Vac/190.jpg

Whats with the light? haha

250rRoostmaster
04-21-2015, 02:48 PM
Coos bay dunes. We will be staying at Riley ranch OHV park. Everybody is welcome!

Fox250R
04-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Gresham here! Name is Jeff! Nice to meet you :)

Fox250R
04-22-2015, 12:53 AM
Itching for a spin at the dunes :)

I'm down!.......

250rRoostmaster
04-22-2015, 07:41 AM
Gresham here! Name is Jeff! Nice to meet you :)

I'm Terry, Live in Oregon City! You gonna come shoot some sand next month?

yamaha225dr
04-24-2015, 10:30 PM
I was just at Spinreel last Saturday. The weather was perfect and the dunes were wide open with fresh sand.

250rRoostmaster
05-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Nice! We are looking good so far weather wise!

250rRoostmaster
08-26-2015, 07:59 AM
The next trip is planned for Sept 10th through the 14th. The weekend after labor day. We are sand camping at horsfall (Coos bay), all are welcome!

John Tice
08-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Hi Guy’s; this is my first post in 3 wheeler, I live in Portland. I’m retired & disabled do cylinder machine work, 2 & 4 strokers.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p497/johntice1/January%202015/P1011474.jpg (http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/johntice1/media/January%202015/P1011474.jpg.html)

I’ve been writing a thread in another of Billy’s sites, E2S for some years now. I’ll get something going here after I get familiarized with the layout. We do a Free cylinder hone for you drop in riders who are replacing a set of piston rings. www.smallenginemachineworks.com

It’s finally going to RAIN this weekend

John Tice
:p

6spdls1z28
08-30-2015, 11:27 AM
let me know if there's anything going on the beginning of next year my parents live in drain Oregon. My tecate isn't quite ready yet.

Fox250R
08-30-2015, 07:14 PM
I ride all over Oregon! Mostly sandlake tho.. I've been to sandlake like 10 times so far this summer alone. I just don't brag about it much here cause I was riding the Yamaha lol! But I was just there last Thursday with the Trike and will be going back many times after I'm sure! I'll switch it up between the trike and the quad from time to time:)

Chick3nBig
08-30-2015, 10:53 PM
Coos bay dunes. We will be staying at Riley ranch OHV park. Everybody is welcome!

Hey guys I live in Washington. Would love to go riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

250rRoostmaster
08-31-2015, 09:30 AM
Like I said, September 10th through the 14th is the next trip! I'll have my 85' R and my 01' YZ250 along with my 70. Everybody's welcome