PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Interested in a MX tire for the Tri-Z..23-8-12 size.

Mosh
07-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Well we finally found a really kick ass front MX based tire for the Tri-Z..

The bad news is it took 6 months to get here in the states, and even worse news is there is only 10 left available that I am aware of in the country. As far as I know, only 17 were shipped here and they are already on unknown backorder.:rolleyes: 7 of the 17 have already been sold.

More details on how to purchase one coming shortly.

http://www.csttires.com/ATV/ATV-Sport/Ambush-Front-C9308.aspx

tri-Z ripper
07-28-2010, 01:24 PM
interested!

zmpolaristech
07-28-2010, 02:46 PM
another good option is a maxxis lynx 4ply radial. 23x8-12
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd346/zmpolaristech/tire.jpg

puggerton03
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM
I just put a new Kenda Klaw 23" tire on the front of my TRI-Z. It's Radial and 6-ply, handles awesome.

Mosh
07-28-2010, 05:11 PM
We are aware that there are other tires available for the Z. There always has been a decent selection of general purpose/ trail tires for them.

The problem is, most are too heavy, and tall, and not many have been geared towards a MX tire, and finding something close to a Holeshot pattern for a Tri-Z has been near impossible until now.

These Ambush Tires are a low profile, low sidewall flex tire, that is lighter than most available, and would benefit drag racers and MX racing and it looks like a great flattrack /ice tire.
Something that was never available in a 12 inch size for the Z.

There are 10 here in town ready to ship to anyone interested in owning this type of tire.
I am not trying to push these on anyone. I just figured I would share the info.
Quite honestly, they landed here Monday (2 days) ago and 7 are already gone.
I dont see them lasting more than 2 weeks.

Tri-Z 250
07-28-2010, 05:17 PM
radial...6ply=heavy and the compound on each is med to hard.
The patterns on each are close to stock with little in the way of side bite.
both have a V style pattern like a tractor to displace mud. They're more trail than track
(I could care less if JoeBird won a Championship on them...they were free and he's cheap):lol:

These are bread from testing and racing, 4ply knobs
for a lighter tire...how do they handle??? We'll see but I'm going with em.
The centerline knob(which seems stiffer to the touch) I believe will offer a good
sidebite, along with the directional groved sidewall(softer to the touch) for a predictable feel.
I'll have one mounted soon but the racer isn't in order yet....could bring one fo testing to the JAM???

puggerton03
07-28-2010, 06:05 PM
What is the weight on these?

Russell 350X
07-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Wish I had the money for it....looks sweet!!

Tri-Z 250
07-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Well I tried to weigh the tire and found out my wife's foot scale...isn't too acurate; :wonderinggo figure.
(Ambush was lighter but not by much)
I mounted one tonight :w00t:and I can tell you this:
Sitting side by side Ambush and a stock Dunlop K732 1986 Z
The Ambush is nearly an 1"+(smig) smaller in overall height.
The crown of the tire is way less than the stocker for a better overall footprint.
Can't thank Mark and Rob enough...might be the shipment of the year.
Well, if 3WW gave out awards of achivement.:lol:

Tri-Z 250
08-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Whats the count? I may just get a nudder...I'm that impressed by mounting it up.
Doubt these will ever make it to the States again, considering they never had them
listed online, I called CST(back when the snow was falling) and asked if they really made them(they didn't know it wasn't listed). I couldn't get them anyway you need to be a special dealer. Grageboy34 had the connect with the hookup dealer; and Mosh was instromental in just seeing the tire at the show in Indy...dude really, who looks for Z front tires. Don't kick yourself later snatch em up! If I get the last one it won't sell...if it does well it's $110+the you never see these again fee.:lol: