PDA

View Full Version : progressive springs

Daltons200x
07-24-2010, 03:03 PM
hey guys, im starting to build the chassis for my mx 350x and to start off the bike i dont think inverts are gonna be my first suspention setup. so i was thinking i could just run progressive springs in my forks just to get buy for now. i cant seem to find any info on progressive springs for a 350x fork. so do they not exhist? or should i look into putting say 250r forks on my 350? or is there springs that would fit my fork even though they arent desighned for them? thanks for any info

Dalton

Yamaha_Rules69
07-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Someone on here (Dirtcrasher) was saying once that he pulled all the guts out from a set of 2nd generation (83-84) 250R forks, and put them inside the 350x tubes. It is supposed to be a drastic mod for the better, with much better suspension action for the jumps, and much harder to bottom them out. I know there may be a couple others on here who have done this, and they know all the details. It will be better than progressive springs, if they even make them. Hopefully someone will chime in.

fire1
07-24-2010, 05:46 PM
heres the link for the springs http://www.progressivesuspension.com/prodSearchResults.aspx?yearID=1985&makeID=32&modelID=308

Dirtcrasher
07-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Do that 84R mod AND the prog. springs and the front end is about as best as stock can get.

We don't all have 1000$ to drop on inverts, spring rates for us and a kit to install them.

Maybe someday..............

Daltons200x
07-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Do that 84R mod AND the prog. springs and the front end is about as best as stock can get.

We don't all have 1000$ to drop on inverts, spring rates for us and a kit to install them.

Maybe someday..............

is there a place i could find out more about this 84r mod? i mean this bike is gonna be strictly seeing track time and jumps only. like i said i eventually plan to build inverts , but for now i wanna just be able to ride and race it w/o trashing the whole bike while my funds and knowledge build to make inverts work