PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 225dx tail light help and main jet question

motoman011
07-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I've replaced 2 tail lights and still can't get it to work, all the fuses are good, electric start works along with the headlight and dash light, any ideas on where to look or what the problem could be. I wouldn't be worried about it but the two counties where I ride have passed the law making it legal to ride on the roads almost anywhere except for main county or state roads, with ORV and head/tail light. Wished they would have passed this law 20 or so years ago, it's kind of strange passing an oficer letting go of the bars and waiving instead of grabbing the gas and pushing your luck! Second, does anyone know where I can get main jets for the vm22 carb? Or if anything else will work, I think the stock jet is a 112.5, I would like to install the DG pipe I have but don't want to do so without jets unless someone has exp with it working without a larger jet.

Thanks

200XMichigan
07-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Checked all the wires to see if one of the connections is corroded. The tailight on my 200X was actually broken internally, one tiny piece of metal cracked. Does the headlight work?

Gotta say its not often a new law is a good one. I love it. You can ride to and from the trails. Go pick up groceries on the three wheeler. I'm gonna add a keyed switch to my YT175. That way I don't worry about where I park it.

Mr_RPM
07-23-2010, 06:55 PM
what brand of carb does the old yamaha have? maybe find something here? http://jetsrus.com/
you will need to jet up with a dg exhaust
might be able to go to your dealer and pick up some jets. bring in your jets with you so you can match the style and just get a few that are larger. if stock is 112.5 then buy something around 115 and work your way up till you get it right.

motoman011
07-23-2010, 07:05 PM
It's great, we rode in large sand pits when we were kids, it was nothing to see 100+ people from all over riding every weekend, but you know the drill, it took one or two people to ruin it for all of us and because of equiptment damage the pits were locked and closely watched by neighbors and local law. Since the laws have opened up, I have spoken with the owner of the only pit that has not been sold, most of the other ones have houses on them. He has given us limited permission to use them for riding, they've changed some, but there are still large areas unchanged and it brings back memmories most of you would not understand. I started riding a ytm125 when I was 10 and got my first 225dx a year of two later, lived in the pits, sun up to sun down, lots of laughts, some broken bones ect, but to this day ( I'm 37) the 5 guys I grew up with are still close, and even though we swithched to the famous 250r's and raced for years, we have all went and purchased old school trikes and love them, including my wife and son. It's humbling to take them on a dirt road ride and pull into the same pit I grew up in, same trees, most of the same hills, ect, most of the time I just watch and smle, it's great! If they would have done this years ago, maybe I wouldn't have walked away from all this for many years, it's been great, for my kids and my family and will be for some time to come. If anyone in Michagan likes to ride let me know, maybe we can get together and ride sometime, I always welcome a fellow rider.

Thanks

vector292
07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Gotta hate it when stuff like that happens especialy when you know whos the one screwin with the equiptment we tend to chased around here for stuff the kid and his dad out road do, like driving threw fields with no atv signs.

Mr_RPM
07-23-2010, 10:48 PM
It's great, we rode in large sand pits when we were kids, it was nothing to see 100+ people from all over riding every weekend, but you know the drill, it took one or two people to ruin it for all of us and because of equiptment damage the pits were locked and closely watched by neighbors and local law. Since the laws have opened up, I have spoken with the owner of the only pit that has not been sold, most of the other ones have houses on them. He has given us limited permission to use them for riding, they've changed some, but there are still large areas unchanged and it brings back memmories most of you would not understand. I started riding a ytm125 when I was 10 and got my first 225dx a year of two later, lived in the pits, sun up to sun down, lots of laughts, some broken bones ect, but to this day ( I'm 37) the 5 guys I grew up with are still close, and even though we swithched to the famous 250r's and raced for years, we have all went and purchased old school trikes and love them, including my wife and son. It's humbling to take them on a dirt road ride and pull into the same pit I grew up in, same trees, most of the same hills, ect, most of the time I just watch and smle, it's great! If they would have done this years ago, maybe I wouldn't have walked away from all this for many years, it's been great, for my kids and my family and will be for some time to come. If anyone in Michagan likes to ride let me know, maybe we can get together and ride sometime, I always welcome a fellow rider.

Thanks

yeah to me thats what trikes are all about, good times and friends and family.
where in Michigan are you? im guessing up north from me. im between Lansing and Detroit where all riding is banned (haha not literally, but it feels like it). we have been up to rose city where riding on some roads are legal. and that whole driving by cops thing is quite a trip lol.
from where im at any good riding areas are at least an hour away, most are farther than that.
we do silver lake at least once a year. its a good time