PDA

View Full Version : Dr. ATV.com aka Beatrice cycle.com and a ? for you 110 guys

Mr_RPM
07-22-2010, 07:57 PM
I ordered a bunch of parts from Beatrice cycle, like an external clutch cover, valves, HD valve springs and a bunch of other stuff. spent over 100 $. they got me my parts in 2 days. i used the cheapest shipping US postal service "priority mail"

this was the fastest i ever got any parts, im super happy (even though im not in a rush at all) also their prices are super cheap. i bought a full gasket kit that came with alot of seals for 27$ then later saw the same kit on ebay for 41$.
i recommend the site Dr ATV.com

QUESTION for you 110 gurus, i was reading my manual and it says not to mix up the intake and exhaust valve springs as they are different, yet the HD valve springs i bought aren't labeled and are exactly the same (from what i can see, haven't taken from the clear plastic yet). also on my dealer's parts finder tool on their website the valve springs are the same. when buying OEM its just valve spring for outer and inner, not intake and exhaust spring. so im guessing the manual is wrong or i mis read it?

unless the manual thinks i'm so stupid as to mix up the inner springs from the outer springs? lol

KASEY
07-22-2010, 08:28 PM
i buy from them too,, great place,,

SWIGIN
07-22-2010, 08:51 PM
IMO, the manual just ment don't mix them up. Your new springs can go on either valve but once they are broke in I would keep them on the valve they are used to.

valve springs will break or are more likely to break when they are old and used to a certain amount of compression (cam lift) and you add a high lift cam. The steel gets a memory or is just used to moving that certain amount.

The new springs arnt used to anything yet so put them where ever you want.

shortline10
07-22-2010, 09:28 PM
The larger spring shouldnt make a difference if used on either valve . The inner helper spring , the compressed coil goes toward the head but not sure on your aftermarket ones you have but it prob doesnt matter .

mrcribbs
07-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for posting your experience with dratv.com I've been looking at that site for some parts but was a little hesitant to order from them. Now I'm not.

Mr_RPM
07-23-2010, 01:04 AM
thanks for the help guys. the springs i ordered were the HD valves right in the 90/110 engine section on Dr ATV.com
SWIGIN, that makes sense. thanks

atctim
07-23-2010, 09:14 AM
DRATV.com - Beatrice cycle is my first "go to" when I need any new trike parts. Great site and always super fast shipping!