PDA

View Full Version : How to restore forks to OEM finish?

clutchcargo
07-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Does anybody have any techniques, tips or advice on how to restore a set of 85' 250R lower fork legs back to the OEM finish? I don't really want to polish them. Or do you know of someone that can do it? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

danteross77
07-22-2010, 08:09 AM
I seen a guy restoring an old honda ct polish them a bit just to clean them up and the brush them with a fine wire brush to restore them back to oem, maybe you can find someone to donate some old forks to practice on. He did it all on a bench polisher.

clutchcargo
07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Maybe a brass brush will work. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the reply.

Dirtcrasher
07-22-2010, 07:44 PM
They look great polished, but they aren't polished from the factory.......

You can find threads on how to polish them, it involves increasing the #grit on the sandpaper and then buffed.

Depending on how much you ride, where you live, how long your keeping it; You make your decision but it's a bit of work to polish stuff up and there are lots of threads on it.

GKING does a GREAT job polishing them for an extra reasonable cost! Check him out if your frustration level hits the roof :D

clutchcargo
07-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Thanks DC, If I can't get the factory satin finish I want then GKing is probably going to get them. I came across an article that involves different grades of steel wool also. We'll see.