PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki ALT50 questions....

250RWANTER
07-20-2010, 10:52 PM
I have had this little 50 3wheeler for some time and finally decided to try and get it running. I got it in a few pieces so I need some help on getting it going. I have a few questions.

*I cleaned the carb, but am unsure of how to correctly set the float.

*How do you correctly set the throttle valve stop on the carb?

*On top of the carb there is one big vaccum port and one little one, what does the little one hook too?

*Does anyone have a pic of the carb on there trike so I can see exactlywhat hoses go where?

*Does anyone have a pic of the petcock on the fuel tank so I can see exatly what hoses go where?

*How do I know if the oil pump is working correctly or even if its working at all before I start it up and burn up the motor?

*What should I use for transmission oil?

*What should I use for the 2stroke oil?

I have a manual but some of this stuff is unclear to me or I need more explanation. As far as oils, I want to make sure I use what the manual says and not something else since it is 25+years old.

Any other tips or advice you can give me for this trike would be greatly appreciated!! My son sits on it all the time and pretends to ride it (he's 2 1/2) so its about time I get it goin for him!!
Thanks!!!!

250RWANTER
07-21-2010, 11:52 PM
okay I found some pics to help. The big port on the carb goes to the port coming out the side of the petcock on the gas tank. What does the port on the back of the petcock go to? There is also a tiny hose that comes out of a fitting on the crankcase towards the back of the bike. Where does that go?
if someone could answer the other questions from the original post, that would be great too!!
Thanks!