PDA

View Full Version : Engine doesn't crank over all the time...

RubberSalt
07-20-2010, 12:36 AM
I just rebuilt the top end of my YT175, i had it running off and on(breaking it in). I replaced the rope on the pull start yesterday - rope ripped.

Today i went to pull start it and it locked up on me. I took the pull start off and tried to crank it by hand. It would not budge the way it should go, but I can rotate it backwards and then forwards all the way around.

Here is the story on the trike. I bought it in april for $200 and had it running. My friend ran it up and down some dirt roads for a few hours. The top end died later that day(massive scratch in jug).

I rebuilt the top end(bored over) this weekend. Warmed it up and let it cool down 4 times. Did not rev the engine during warm up.

harryredtrike
07-20-2010, 10:00 AM
sounds like its binding up on you.something is wrong.did you drop something in the case while it was open?did you disconnect the rod from the crank?are your circlips on both side of the piston?

RubberSalt
07-23-2010, 01:46 PM
nope, bearing gave out :\ i think imma just part it out. unless rod/crank is easy to replace - never messed with an autoclutch type setup