PDA

View Full Version : ATC Honda 110 Will Not Start or Even Hit

arc20052000
07-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Bought a couple of 110's from a dude off of craigslist a couple of days ago. Started the usual checks to ensure engine is not locked up and have some compression then moved on to spark. Have checked CDI and coil and I am getting a nice blue spark(brand new NGK plug). Should be able to start or hit by spraying carb cleaner into the intake and pulling it over but I get nothing. When I spray carb cleaner into the carb and pull it over it seems like it is spitting it back out like alot of pressure is coming back through the intake and carb. I have checked intake valve and seems to be opening and closing haven't checked for exact adjustment but looks pretty good. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex C.

harryredtrike
07-18-2010, 01:43 AM
see if exhaust is clogged with something.timing could be off but check that later.

Rhodes
07-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Clean that carb good and let the cleaner dry and it should start. Also make sure it's getting fuel and the lines aren't clogged.

arc20052000
07-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Cleaned the carb, adjusted valves, made sure valves weren't stuck, and unbolted exhaust. Seems like it is trying to pop alittle but seems like it may be trying to fire on the exhaust stroke. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Xpress
07-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Timing could be off, so recheck it with a service manual. There's some on here.

Pafrig
07-21-2010, 12:45 AM
iginition timing is 180 off.
take off the cover on the top right hand side of the engine, take out the points or cdi assembly, (two screws holding down plate) then un do the 10mm bolt that goes into the camshaft. once you have that off, the big spinny magnet thing should slide off the shaft. when you have it off, take the big spinny thing off the plate with the springs and stuff that its on by pulling the two spring loaded pauls out, then sliding the spinny thing off the shaft. then put it back on 180 degrees around. re assemble everything and it should start.