PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my new 82 200E Ho

bobotech
07-18-2010, 12:21 AM
okay, I got an 82 200E 2 days ago and I got it running today. When I got it, it would run but barely run and would not stay running.

I got the trike and a crap load of spare parts including a frame. No spare plastics though! :(

Anyway, now that I got it running, I see an immediate problem with it. It will not go into neutral. If I push down on the shifter with my foot, it will then go into neutral but as soon as I let go of the shifter with my foot, it goes back into gear.

Also the clutch doesn't seem to be grabbing 100 percent at this time. HOw can I adjust that?

Ol Deuce
07-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Ya might need to read the Manuel its simple to adjust your clutch.

harryredtrike
07-18-2010, 12:41 AM
neutral should be all up,when you press down you engage the clutch

bobotech
07-18-2010, 12:49 AM
neutral should be all up,when you press down you engage the clutch

That is what I thought. So what the heck is going on? PUshing down on the shifter will let it go into neutral but as soon as I let go of the shifter, it goes back into gear. No matter how little or lot I try to kick the shifter up, it won't go into neutral that way.

It isn't working the way my ATC110 works which is normal.

harryredtrike
07-18-2010, 12:54 AM
keep pulling the shifter up with your hand and rock it back and forth,pressing down on the shifter engages the clutch,its automatic

bobotech
07-18-2010, 01:02 AM
keep pulling the shifter up with your hand and rock it back and forth,pressing down on the shifter engages the clutch,its automatic

But when I pull up on the shifter, all it does is shift up to the next gear.

It just deoes not shift at all like my other honda ATC.

trikeman78
07-18-2010, 07:47 AM
The big red shift pattern is backwards. Up to downshift and down to upshift. It can take a little to get used to.

bobotech
07-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Damn. I'm a freaking moron. Now I understand what you guys were trying to get though my thick skull. The pattern being different means keep pulling up until you go into neutral, not push down and pull up once like on a bike. LOL

It works fine. I was just moving it in 3rd or 4th gear. No wonder the clutch wasn't engaging with snap. I ended up pulling the front wheel off the ground without meaning to after I put it in first gear in low.

Man. I'm having fun now. I fixed the front and rear brakes and all the brake cables (none of them were hooked up or working and the foot brake lever was frozen) and now I can stop on a dime.

Next is the headlight and taillight and then onto prettying it.

bobotech
07-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah, rebuilt the carb and it starts up great now.