PDA

View Full Version : 250R help anyone

Aaron2003
09-11-2003, 03:47 AM
ok here is the deal, want to know if i'm right or not, got the 250R today went riding for about 2 hours and it ran out of gas went and got 4.9 gallons and added the oil to it the stuff that the honda dealer told me to us got back and tried and tried to kick start it for about 30 minutes let it sit found it was flooded so took out the stark plug and cleaned it put it back kicked it once and it started right up as it was doing all day let it run for about 5 minutes went to ride just touched the gas and it died wouldn't start again took the plug back out and cleaned it again kicked it and started right up so all it will do is ideal when i go to hit the gas it dies, so it the spark plug bad, and thats it?? please help want to ride was stuck riding my 225-dx down at the river tonight when i should have been riding the 250r not happy for owning it only 1 day so can flooding it make the spark plug foul? can running it to rich make it foul to? and do you think thats the prob and what can i do so it doesn't happen again?? thank you for any help

aaron

200xman
09-11-2003, 06:27 AM
Sounds like when you ran out of gas you sucked some junk from the tank into the carb. Check the filter bowl by the tank petcock and pull the carb and clean it out.

ATCMedic
09-11-2003, 10:48 AM
I agree you might have sucked some junk into the carb and should clean it. Also check your air filter, if it was dusty/sandy where you were riding you might have a plugged air filter.

ATCMedic
09-11-2003, 10:53 AM
One more thing I just thought of, check the ratio of gas to oil you are running. Honda recommends 20:1, which most people think is a bit much. I have seen a lot of riders run 32:1 with no problems at all. If you put too much oil in the gas you will have fouling problems because 2-stroke oil doesn't burn like gasoline does(it's in there to lubricate the engine after all) if you get a build up on the plug it will die out every time.

badtriz
09-11-2003, 12:12 PM
it depends on the quality of 2 stroke oil you use, right now im runnin 32:1 to break in my motor, then once its broken in then ill switch to 50:1 i run motul fully synthetic 800 its expensive, but so is my motor ;)

Aaron2003
09-11-2003, 12:59 PM
thank you all very much well i checked the filter and it is all good i went to honda this morning and got some new plug put the new one in and rides great no problems now i will though check the carb out like you said so that this isn't going to be a problem all the time

thanks again
Aaron