PDA

View Full Version : 1982 atc250r

islandbiker
07-16-2010, 11:20 PM
hi all, i had a question for ya, i just picked up an 1982 atc250r in great condition for 200 bucks, and was wondering what kinda power mods can i do on a 200 dollar budget. it already has a k&n filter, stock pipe and dg silencer. i mostly ride my 350x and dont know to much about 2 strokes. any help would be sweet. thanx

Xpress
07-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Probably put a DG exhaust on it, and change the gearing, but otherwise not much. They're already pretty powerful.

TheRealFatShady
07-16-2010, 11:59 PM
CR480 engine or top end, other than that just exhaust, carb, reeds, air filter.

islandbiker
07-17-2010, 12:27 AM
right on thank guys, so you say reeds and exhaust? i have dg silencer but stock pipe and what kind of reeds do you think, again im not to familiar with 2 strokes

fabiodriven
07-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Probably put a DG exhaust on it, and change the gearing, but otherwise not much. They're already pretty powerful.

Not true my friend.

If it still has the original carb then I would yank that and swap it out for a bigger one. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the factory carb on those is like 27mm or something? My 300R has an 85 250R carb on it. I'm not sure how big that is but I'm guessing about 34mm's or so.

A pipe is a great place to start as well. Although I am not a huge fan of DG, it would be better than stock.

You could have the cylinder ported.

There are all kinds of things you could do, but if you're limited on your budget at the moment I would start with the pipe. Don't forget to jet it once you get a new pipe on there. Any one of these mods will help that motor out a lot, but if you do all of them they compliment each other much better than doing just any single one.