PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle Issue 200ES '84

btward79
07-15-2010, 05:51 PM
First let me say you folks have been a big help. I've posted before about this trike but not this next problem...

When your riding if you nail it, it studders and bogs out it won't take off.

I have a brand new carb on it which corrected other issues but I went ahead and cleaned it. I have a fuel filter. I did a bunch of reading here and even moved the clip down one which brings the needle out of the carb for more fuel. I have adjusted the fuel screw. Still same issue.

Now, when I close off the choke some and nail it (while parked though) it picks up rpms just fine... Which seems to indicate it needs more fuel...

This bike does make a clanking sound which to me sounds like a chain coming from the motor. My friend thought it had a chain sound to it as well. I have adjusted the valves and the cam chain tensioner.

My thought here is would a timing issue cause this problem for me? I don't have a timing light or I would have figured out how to check it out already.

Thoughts?

soda
07-20-2010, 12:34 PM
i have the same problem with my 1985 200es let me no how you get on

Lord Letto 20
07-20-2010, 05:07 PM
sounds similar to the choke being on or semi on anyway, i could be wrong though.

haggard 2hundie
07-20-2010, 07:46 PM
sounds like jetting to me for the acceleration issue

thestud25
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
First let me say you folks have been a big help. I've posted before about this trike but not this next problem...

When your riding if you nail it, it studders and bogs out it won't take off.

I have a brand new carb on it which corrected other issues but I went ahead and cleaned it. I have a fuel filter. I did a bunch of reading here and even moved the clip down one which brings the needle out of the carb for more fuel. I have adjusted the fuel screw. Still same issue.

Now, when I close off the choke some and nail it (while parked though) it picks up rpms just fine... Which seems to indicate it needs more fuel...

This bike does make a clanking sound which to me sounds like a chain coming from the motor. My friend thought it had a chain sound to it as well. I have adjusted the valves and the cam chain tensioner.

My thought here is would a timing issue cause this problem for me? I don't have a timing light or I would have figured out how to check it out already.

Thoughts?

If you have not properly adjusted the air to fuel ratio this could be the cause of your problem. If you leave it choked while riding will she run properly? If so you are running to lean and need to tighen(turn to the right) the air/fuel screw. If it still will not run while choked, then you may have a tight intake valve.

Does it backfire at all? Is your plug fouled? Let me know and I will be glad to give my $.02.