PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki ignition coils

HO Cummins
07-13-2010, 09:26 AM
I've searched and read the swap thread for Tecate interchange parts but cannot find any information about the iginition coil. I need one for an 84 Tecate. Manual says .8 - 1.2 ohms (I believe) and found a universal one that is .6 ohms for real cheap. I don't want to spend crazy money. Does anyone know if this will work or an inexpensive .8-1.2 ohm version? Everything I find is in the $80.00 & up range.

Vootie
07-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Even though the .6 may be cheap, I wouldn't use it. Being that it is out of factory spec to begin with I would think it would just be a waste of money. Not sure about a cheapie higher ohm version though.

Tecate 50
07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
If its not OEM its junk......trust me, I have tryed them all. All these replacement parts (stators, coils) as advertised are made in China, and will leave you stranded as I learned the lesson first hand! They are getting harder to get thse days, but keep searching on E-Bay as they show up every now and then! Your only other option is to purchase a PVL......but that is a little pricey!

HO Cummins
07-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll try my luck with a used oem one off e-bay. I got one and the plug wire was so brittle it broke. I'll try one more used before going new old stock. From what I can tell 83-85 KX125/250's are the same coil. That broadened the search for me. Thanks, guys for the insight.