PDA

View Full Version : $800 good price for 85 tecate ???

ATC-RYDA
07-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I've always been a honda guy , but have recently been thinknig about breaking outta the box and picking up a tecate .. So i've found one close to home its an 85 in original condition, has a faded tank like most i've seen but other than not to bad also has new rear wheels/tires .. So im wondering if this is a decent price 4 one of these bikes beings that i've never done much shopping for them im not sure .. So can u tecate guys give me a little advice please ... Also a little confused about the whole b1 b2 thing i've seen sometimes describing these bikes can some one give me a little info on that as well ... Thanks for any input !

fabiodriven
07-11-2010, 08:23 PM
It's tough to judge without seeing it, but if it's in good shape then it is worth it.

Vootie
07-11-2010, 09:14 PM
A1='84
A2='85
B1='86
B2='87

Look over the basics, they are no different than any other 2 stroke motor wise. Be aware that Maier discontinued fenders for the first gens and nos is hard to come by and expensive. Clarke just started selling tanks for them though and they look real nice. One of the major issues issues with the tecates is the stator, they are pretty junky. Other than that, $800 is a good price assuming it's mostly there and running.

dcreel
07-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Get some pics.. Is there anything wrong with it?