PDA

View Full Version : 250r rear hub lug bolt replacement ????

ATC-RYDA
07-11-2010, 02:26 PM
So i came across a set of those makeshift axle extenders , not the blocks that you use the extended bolts on but these ones where actually pretty neat they are a 2 inch peice of steel which are just slightliy biggier in diameter than the lug bolt.. The one end has threads in it which screws onto the existing lug bolt and the other end is just another lug bolt which your rim would attach to, basically just putting 2 inches in between the hud and the rim.. 4 individual extenders per hub ( 1 for eack lug ) not sure if this was something that was in production or some guy just made em up in his shop ..

But anyways shortly after installing these extenders i came to realize that they just put to much stress on the lugs , so needless to say after a couple rides they broke :( ... So now i have a hub with two broken off lugs , flush with the hub .. I need to know if this is something i can just simply have pressed out and replaced or does the whole hub need replacement ???? Also if they are replaceable... Where would i find 2 new lugs to put in , anyone know where i can get a couple or possibly have a few laying around ????? Any help would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks in advance !

harryredtrike
07-11-2010, 02:33 PM
hammer and punch the broken ones out,easy to do.nappa carries a similar size lug just push in and tighten so they seat properly

ATC-RYDA
07-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Sounds harry wasnt sure if it was an easy process or not , but i'll just go ahead and do that ... Thanks