PDA

View Full Version : hondaline 300 bigbore cylinder and head ?

tri-shee
07-07-2010, 09:04 PM
I have a 300 bigbore cylinder and head for a air cooled 250r and i was wondering what do you guys think it is worth ?

Yamaha_Rules69
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Its hard to tell. Is the head in good condition? Any broken fins? What size is the bore on the jug? Does it need to be bored or sleeved? Is there a piston included, and was there any port work done? All these will effect how much it is worth to the right buyer. If it is on the stock 300 bore and port specs and no scores, and no broken fins, and nice paint with a piston, it could be worth upwards of $300 minimum. If it is beaten and not usable, it would be worth aluminum scrap at the scrap yard. It all depends...

tri-shee
07-07-2010, 09:22 PM
The head has two broken fins on the gear shift side of the motor . It looks like they trimed the two fins to maybe clear the exhaust pipe . Do you know what the stock bore is mm ? I do have a piston and maybe the rings .

SYKO
07-08-2010, 06:26 PM
the sleeves will also crack and thats VERY common.. at first inspection they will look fine and after closer inspection they have hairline cracks forming... the sleeve is toast, also hard to get pistons unless you get a resleave and modded piston from somewhere, so unless it came off a perfect running machine I wouldnt say much, its just another 300 kit.

Yamahondaman
07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
SYKO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was gonna call you when goen thru Ga.on the way to TF2010 but...................... IT WAS 3 AM !!!!

tri-shee
07-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Its hard to tell. Is the head in good condition? Any broken fins? What size is the bore on the jug? Does it need to be bored or sleeved? Is there a piston included, and was there any port work done? All these will effect how much it is worth to the right buyer. If it is on the stock 300 bore and port specs and no scores, and no broken fins, and nice paint with a piston, it could be worth upwards of $300 minimum. If it is beaten and not usable, it would be worth aluminum scrap at the scrap yard. It all depends...

The bore is 3.003" , the head chamber is good with no pitting . It has 25 on top of the piston . I believe the cylinder has been bored .010" . No port work has been done , all stock .

rayatc84
09-24-2010, 04:15 AM
I'm searching for a hondaline 300 head for my '84 250R, or eventually a complete hondaline 300 kit (cylinder + head + complete piston kit + gaskets).:wondering

If someone have it, please let me know.:Bounce