PDA

View Full Version : camo options (get in here, Skiffy)

gostraightahead
07-06-2010, 01:22 PM
So, I'm getting down the road on this 85 Big Red project and am wanting to camo it in Nat Gear. I was going to paint it to match my boat but see that it's not worth the trouble trying to get paint to stay on the plastics. What's the experience with CamoClad or something of the like staying on fenders? (Chime in Skiffy.) That way, if I decide to sell this bike, I can pull it off and polish up the plastic back to original.

I was thinking I could bedliner the plastic THEN paint it, surely that would hold, right? Both rear fenders are stitched up so there's no sense showing it off.

Anyone done anything successful?
TIA,
Brent

atc350xer
07-06-2010, 02:30 PM
A guy on the boards here has the cloth strip type of camo on his BR and it worked great... the plastic film types seem to flake off

86trizinger
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I tried bed liner before on fenders.. It cracks and flakes off as soon as it flexes some.

86trizinger
07-06-2010, 06:46 PM
a more expensive way.. http://www.hydro-dip.com/pricing.htm#Automotive Starts at $350 for ATv's

gostraightahead
07-06-2010, 11:14 PM
whew. I'm trying to keep this cheap. I mean I've been dremelling every nut and bolt. I'ma try some tape...I'll trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro...I mean report afterwards.