PDA

View Full Version : Friend wrecked my 110 pretty bad today...

hondaATCman
09-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Well, he asked me to ride it, so I said sure why not. Big mistake.

He took off and not 20 yards later he drove off about a 9-10 ft. cliff and down itno a 3ft. deep rocky creek. I have a twist throttle on it and I guess when he turned, he turned the throttle too. I ran over there and found him lying underneath the machine under the water, so I jumped in and pulled him out. The trike was still flipped over upside down but I was worried more about him than I was the 110 at that time. I drug him up to the bank and it looked like somebody took a shotgun and shot him in the face it was so bad. Anyway his bottom teeth came through his lip, 2 in. gash on his chin. , 3 in. gash on his eye, busted nose, so many cuts on his arm I lost count, his leg had a 2nd degree burn from the muffler, and had a lot of bruising. About 10 mins later I jumped back into the creek and flipped the trike over. There was so much gas and blood in the water that it ruined my pants. It took my neighbor's 9-ton tractor to pull the machine back over the ledge and then it was time for me to look over the damage :o :shock: Amazingly, the only thing that happed to it was the forks were bent all the way to the motor;pushing the tire in with it, the gear lever was bent in half, the handle bars were bent, and the fenders cracked. I though there would be more than that considering it took a plunge off a cliff into a creek filled with boulders. When I got the trike back up on land, I still can't beleive it, but it started on the 2nd pull and then let it run for about 10 mins to dry out all the moisture in it, hauled it home, and am going to fix it tomorrow. I'll have to check on my buddy tomorrow and see how he's doing. Hope this doesn't happen to any of you all!! It's a trip!! ;)

350x'inNY
09-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Ummm... you better start him off on that Yamaha 60 4-Zinger before letting up onto the 110!
:D

Seriously.... I hope your buddy is OK and the 110 is too!

Bruce

Yardbird
09-10-2003, 01:06 AM
Heh call me a "wussy" boy but I'd look into a full face helmet for any future nose dives. Hope your buddy is alright and doesn't get discouraged from riding a trike.....Good luck.

Ace Mon
09-10-2003, 10:03 AM
I second the motion Yardbird . If he had on a helmet his face wouldnt look like hamburger . When My friends ride my trike , NO HELMET , NO RIDE . Sure they all tell me they used to have the baddedst ride . But when they come back it's "Dude , that thing is fast ." Hence the helmet . Me , I'm a wuss . I ride with all my gear on . Why ? because I live paycheck to paycheck . I remember back when I broke my leg (riding of coarse) I dont ever want to live off of credit cards again . I'm not trying to put a different spinon this post . I hope your friend is OK . Remember if you ask your friend if he can handle your trike he is going to say "YES" . Its a macho thing .

ATC crazy
09-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Man that really sucks man....I hope he gets better soon. ALways wear you helmet....

Darius1502
09-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Geez....thats sounds like some of the CPSC reports I read in the 80's. I hope your friend is ok....if he has never ridden before then he should have never gotten on that trike...it may be smaller but if you don't understand the machine and how to operate ANYTHING is dangerous.

Thats how we lost 3 wheelers to begin with!! :evil:

But I really hope your friend is ok...its sad to get hurt that bad trying to have fun....it really should not have happened. Keep us updated!!