PDA

View Full Version : 200x Tail light question???

Skydrifter350
07-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Hello to All,

Just replaced my 200x tail light. Used what I had laying around...think 1197 bulb. I was thinking with the
200x's weak lighting coil, would an LED light be a better replacement? So, What is the best model bulb to use? I know a few different ones will light up & work...but what # bulb is the best choice? The manual only states 12v & 5 watt. Thanks in advance. Sam

TDS
07-03-2010, 01:01 AM
i dont know what type to use but a buddy of mine ran a strip through his rear light. it had maybe 10 leds it was pretty cool when lit up

Vealmonkey
07-03-2010, 01:28 AM
I used a trx450r led taillight, it's factory stock on all trx450r. The bolt holes will lilne up with the factory bolt holes on your taillight bracket. Just get a couple rubber washers and gently bolt it together. The bolts for the trx450r taillilght are molded into the lens. Then if you want, you can get a switch that bolts in place of the banjo bolt on the 200x m/cyl reservoir. Wire up the switch and you will have a led running light and a led brake light whenever you put your rear brakes on. Just wire the switch into a circuit that is constantly hot when your trike is running like the power into your headlight.

cduemig
07-05-2010, 05:33 AM
I'm liking that idea!

Vealmonkey
07-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Here is a quick pic of the trx450r taillight mounted on the 350x taillight bracket. As you can see it mounts right on just using a couple rubber washers. There are 3 wires. Green, Brown and Green/yellow. Green goes to a ground source, Brown is for the taillilght and Green/Yellow would be wired to the Banjo switch for the rear brakelight. If you wanted to run a front banjo switch, you could have your brakelight wired into your front and rear brakes if you wanted to get real fancy. I got the trx450r for less than $50 with shipping. I can't remember what I paid for the switch, less than $30 with shipping. So it's not a bank breaker, to me anyways and it's all bolt on stuff except for wiring.

3wheelmecca
07-05-2010, 08:12 AM
you could also run a streetbike master and have the whips for you at the ready. Good idea Veal!

Vealmonkey
07-05-2010, 08:23 AM
That is very true. Not my idea though. I got the original idea from seeing a posting about this from several years ago. I just know sometimes on the trail people follow just a little bit too close and this may help some. And I always thought it was kind of cool and such and didn't take take any major fabbing or anything like that.

Grizzlypeg
07-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Can you run led lights on an AC lighting system? The guy I got my 200x from had Led taillights, and they were burned out. They may not be able to handle the high reverse voltage.

Skydrifter350
07-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks... I like the TRX tail light idea. Good fit & Honda quality. The stop light switch is a good idea also. After a few cold ones out in the woods...a bit of extra safety . Thanks I'll post pics when installed.

Thinking of using an HID for the headlight too. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks.