PDA

View Full Version : 250R waterpump help FOR YOU!!!

Dirtcrasher
09-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Well, again noone replied to a post I made - maybe it's me or the questions I ask??? I had asked for help installing a water pump into a 1985 ATC250R. If your pump seal leaks either coolant out of or into the gearbox then it's time for a new seal setup. Clearly stated in the manual this is NOT a do it yourself project. They have special tools blah blah blah. Well, because I like to offer help anytime I see a post here it goes. Once that clutch cover is off and the impellar removed you can gently tap out the main shaft. Now that bearing is in the way of the actuall water and oil seal replacement. That bearing needs to come out as squarely or even as possible or it could damage the aluminum bore it presses into. I used a nice long punch and gently tapped it out of the case while moving from side to side. Then the seals can be popped out easy and the ceramic part is only hand inserted into the back of the impellar. All said it was a piece of cake and hopefully this helps someone else. :-D