PDA

View Full Version : 250r throttle slide

juggaloclownz18
07-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Ok got some parts in yesterday, put the twist throttle on this morning (yeah i know you hate them).....

Question is this:
1.) Does it look like it twists enough?
2.) Does the slide look like its getting the full range of motion?
3.) Isnt the slide supposed to come all the way down into the carb when its at idle position?

Had to throw the video up plus 2 quick pictures, my daughter was out there helping me this morning at 6am, she was proud of herself so she wanted me to post a pic of her and one of her brother from a couple weeks back.... Enjoy, but let me know about the video please!!

THANKS!

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY VIDEO PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efPVZqhy60M&feature=player_embedded)

puggerton03
07-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Looks alright, but isnt the throttle supposed to return by itself? The slide looks good too. You dont want the slide fully seated because then it wouldnt idle. Im pretty sure the idle screw moves the slide up and down a little when you adjust it. Get a video of ridin it.

juggaloclownz18
07-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah im gonna get a vid, just wasnt sure cause its not returning on its own, so i wanted to double check it for safety before i start it, since i dont trust my kill switch (waiting for the teather to get here)....

juggaloclownz18
07-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Also the person i got it from said that when it was on theirs it would spring back on its own, i have the spring in my carb and it returned my thumb setup fine, should this one be returning too?

nitrodude81r
07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
The slide should come back down by itself when you let go of the twist. Your grip may be to tight on the bars.

juggaloclownz18
07-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Could an adjustment be off somewhere? Ill look at the grip later when i go back out there...

nitrodude81r
07-02-2010, 01:49 PM
What kind of grips are you running? ATV grips or motorcycle grips? With a twist throttle you have to run motorcycle grips because one is bigger than the other. If you dont do this the one grip would be on very tight and could cause a problem like yours. An adjustment could be off, but it seems like something is to tight and not letting it twist easily. Hope this helps

juggaloclownz18
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
yeah i figured it out, the internal cable got twisted somehow in the outer cable, and it was moving fine by hand, but aparently not enough for the spring to return it, it returns fine now that i messed with it, took forever to figure it out, i messed with all the adjustments, and even loosened the grips and put them back on before i realized it was twisted internally, but its fixed now.... Thanks a lot guys!.... 3 hours later LOL

yj350
07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Glad you got it figured out.