PDA

View Full Version : 86 200X vrs 87 suzuki LT230S

haggard 2hundie
07-01-2010, 08:18 PM
just wondering how the new toy will compare to my trusty 2 hundie ? assuming both are stock

Dirtcrasher
07-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Those 230's are heavy and complete dogs. They are about the same speed depending on the gearing.

Whats the big deal if you beat him anyhow??.......................

Just go riding with him, outride him and enjoy the ride together.

RIDE-RED 250r
07-02-2010, 08:23 AM
i own an 86 230s now. and back when i was a teenager i had one then while my friend had an 86 200x. when we played around drag racing and whatnot, i always edged him out, but i attributed it more to the fact that i was a better and more accomplished rider than him. when we switched up and i rode the X i could tell it was a little quicker. i never would admit it at the time though! lol! but in reality, the 2 are very close in performance, but i would give a slight advantage to the X.

Tectool
07-02-2010, 09:30 AM
That is the old timing battle....way back....that one year...it was ugly quadsports in the 200X class and even uglier was the quadracers in with us guys on the 2-stroke trikes....The quads and trikes took opposite lines and if there was any straight away at all the trikes blew by....just to be passed back at the entry or apex of the next corner.....man that was ugly...and wasnt healthy at all....I considered the TriZs and 250Rs the enemy till then....Any moron could jump on a quad and give it a go....trikes take talent....not that I didnt plant that right rear tire into the front left of a quad on the flat-track....I did...they made great berms!!!!

haggard 2hundie
07-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Those 230's are heavy and complete dogs. They are about the same speed depending on the gearing.

Whats the big deal if you beat him anyhow??.......................

Just go riding with him, outride him and enjoy the ride together.

there both mine i was just wondering what i had to look forward to when i got the 230 put back together , it might end up my girlfriends ride , unless it was crazy fast ! but it sounds like she could hang