PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a carb rebuild kit for a 1980 Yamaha YT125?

bobotech
06-30-2010, 03:42 AM
I have one of those trikes and it runs but not very well. The carb looks like it has sat for many years without ever being cracked open.

I really would like to get a rebuild kit for it so that I can get it running well again. Any suggestions?

bobotech
06-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Anyone? Are they even available?

juggaloclownz18
06-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I cannot find any online when i looked the normal places, best bet even though it will cost you more is to find out what size/style carb it is and get all the parts seperate from eachother.... (might be the only way too)

Try SUDCO (http://www.sudco.com) they have a lot of stuff.... if i remember correctly there are a couple members on here that talked about being a distributor for Sudco, maybe they can help....

JayBone
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I couldn't find anything either. Just the Mikuni Needle & Seat Assembly on BikeBandit.com

I googled: 1980 yt125 carb kit.

the great gazoo
06-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Most of the time you won't need a kit, you just pop the bowl off & take out the jets & clean 'em out real good, & dismantle as much as you can & soak the he7l out of the parts. I've never used a kit to rebuild a carb and I've done a few. If it turns out you need a carb, VealMonkey has one from my '80 YT125 that was NOS until I used it for maybe 5 run hours.

bobotech
06-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Well my idle jet (the small one, I guess its the idle one) is completely clogged and I tried to use a tiny tiny drill bit (used for electronics) and all it did was snap off in the jet so I'm kinda screwed with that jet.

How much would that carb be, Gazoo?