PDA

View Full Version : My new project 87 tecate

javier1963
06-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Well friend this is my new proyect, i buyed it in saturday , this pics are from anuntis where i saw it soon i put my pics but now we can watch it, it is in very good condition but need things, i hope finnish it so close to original condition
Thanks for all that we can help me.
Javier

yooperman
06-28-2010, 08:46 AM
oh man that is awsome i want one of them pretty bad. but i am not getting my hopes up on finding one, that i will have to give up a kidney for lol.

javier1963
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Yooperman, I find an other 87 in very good condition too if u are interested send me a private .
Javier

javier1963
06-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Today i had dismantled the front of 87 tecate and has bent the front left fork, bar and broken clutch lever,tomorrow i put pics about it, i m start to looking for clutch lever ,ignition switch and front light if anybody can help me?
Thanks
Javier

sblt500r
06-28-2010, 06:57 PM
what are those rear fenders off of?

ATC-Eric
06-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Great start you have there.

Its really cool how many international members are on the boards!

alexandros
06-28-2010, 08:40 PM
nice tecate! has almost everything on it!

take some close pictures of the frame too.

one rear fender and one front light and its almost ready.
you need a rear grab bar and the tool box but thats for collector you don't need them for ridding.
some members here make some rare stuff as the front light bracket and some chain sliders and carb boot you may need.
there are also some ebay sellers that send the rear fender to europe so that too wont be any problem.
don't worry also for the bended front left fork. Its fixable. they usually bent where the lower triple mounts and this doen't efect the working area of the fork.

ATCeeya
06-29-2010, 12:29 AM
wow it didnt take you long at all to find one. congrats

Xpress
06-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Looks like it's in good condition too. I'd kill for an 87 tecate!

javier1963
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for your words friends, i have problems for to buy the rear fender nobody in ebay and in other sites send to me the rear fender if anybody knows any that send me ,pls tell me. all of the parts that i need for resto i have it, tool box, front light braket,plastic for front light, left shroud,chain and disc guards, really i need front fender ,rear fender, front light,switch assy,clutch lever,grab bab and other minor parts, because i want to restore to original condition like my 86.HELPS ARE WELCOME
thanks
Javier