PDA

View Full Version : 185s with weld on suspension kit.

trizilla
06-26-2010, 10:09 AM
im posting these pics for a fella here on the board. this is my 185 with a full suspension kit. this bike has been alot of fun but it may be time to find a new home. i built this from the bare frame up. it has taken alot of time and has changed several times over the past 2 yrs or so. its no motocrosser but its fun on the dirt roads and smoother trails. we also had alot of fun on the ice with it. some of these pics show a 350x headlight on it, it worked but i have since removed it.

zeeker1
06-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Neat machine. Where did you get the front fender mounts?

Vealmonkey
06-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Zeeker, you have to make them. They are pretty simple. If you have your front forks out of the triple trees, just put a piece of paper over where the area over where the fender would bolt to and do a pencil rubbing of it. That will give you where your 2 bolt holes are. Then all you need to do is sort of draw a box around that and then find the center point between the 2 bolt hole. Draw a line 90 degrees to the center of the 2 bolt holes and then take your front fender and where the mounting tab of the fender is, align the fender bolt holes to your 90 degree line and mark your 2 bolt holes for the fender and trace the outside of your fender mount tab. You may have to move ywhere you place the fender on the centerline of your 90 degree mark, but it's not too hard to tinker with and come up with what looks good to you. Make them out of aluminum or stainless, but aluminum is easier and polishes up nice. Your mount will end up looking like and upside down capital T, with 2 bolt holes on the bottom and 2 bolt holes up the vertical.

zeeker1
06-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks Pat, I got the picture. I'm undecided if I want the fender down low or up top like that fine white auto x.

motoman1012002
06-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Wish I had that frame