PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Electrical Issue...

MudBug
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I was replacing the tail light on my 250 BR and I touched the two wires together and they sparked. Ever since then, my neutral light, reverse light, head light, tail light will not work. When I used to press on the starter, it used to click, now it does nothing. My kill switches still work. I checked the main fuse, it was blown so I replaced it with a completely different type which was off my other big red harness. Everything is still the same.

So what should I check next? what kind of fuse should I buy? I want to freshen this bike up a little over the summer and it would be nice to have lights, elec start, etc.

Thanks in advance guys.

Chillian
06-23-2010, 08:17 PM
There is something worng with that fuse you replaced, the power runs through the main fuse directly to the front, so lights and all should work. If you have a meter just ohm out the fuse and make sure it's ok if it is start from the battery and check the harness for where your loosing power. It's in that circuit.

MudBug
06-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Do you know the correct type of fuse to replace it with?

Chillian
06-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Do you know the correct type of fuse to replace it with?

It's a 15 amp fuse, or 20, don't recall, but it is 1 of those.. put you can go to bikebandit.com or cheapcycleparts.com and look at it oem. But napa or autozone or any place like that should have 1. I replaced mine with a aftermarket bus fuse, bought the holder and fuse kit like 2 bucks from a truevalue hardware because my orginal fuse holder was shot. I used a 20amp fuse as my main fuse.

MudBug
06-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks. I'll pick one up from NAPA!