PDA

View Full Version : Need some help before the rain comes lol

ottneys200
06-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone!
I just joined, but been looking for a while. Well last week I picked up a honda big red 200M I belive. I put a new plug and battery and it started up.
Well it stopped driving because the shoe shift nob (its a auto) the bolt got loose. My first problem is im not quit shur where reverse high low and netrual are..My second problem is I also changed the oil and now it wont start...But I think thats because its stuck in reverse. I called honda east and they said it would start in reverse, but i still think diffrent.

Any help would be amazing thanks !
Kyle

TDS
06-23-2010, 04:38 PM
easyest way would be tighten the bolt. and shift through the gears til the bike will roll freely. im not sure where N is exactly. but some i have seen 1 n 2 3 4 5 n12345 12345n

juggaloclownz18
06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
You prob. dont have a 200m or there would be no reverse or hi/low gears..... Not sure which big red you have without seeing it, but i doubt it will start in reverse, i think they have to be in neutral, esp if its an auto but i dont know for sure sorry.... As far as not starting after you changed the oil, that would not affect anything unless you accidentally hit something else, figure the shift pattern out, get it in neutral and if it still does not start, then you will need to check for spark and all that.... Check your plug my BR would foul plugs before i got it running right, and after everytime it got shut off i would have to clean the plug real good to get it to fire the next time, (try dipping the plug after that)..... Good luck, let us know what you find out and WELCOME to the board, theres some great people on here thats for sure!!

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
06-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Well I have a manual for it but I can't post it in attachments it says it's to big. MonroeMike has probably every manual you could ever want just do a search for any of his posts and you can pm him and he'll probably email you one. I'm not sure whats up with the oil change and not starting maybe you bumped the spark plug wire loose, probably something stupid like that since it already ran once. The 200M doesn't have reverse sorry to disappoint you. The loose shifter is an easy fix which i'm sure you know. hope this helps

ditchmud
06-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Do yourself a favor and don't call Honda East for any information on your trike. It is older then a majority of the kids working there. You did the right thing by coming here. You need any help after this week let me know I'll come over and help you out.

If it is a 200m then the shift pattern is neutral on top and then shifting down 1,2,3 etc.

ottneys200
06-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks...Well I baught it they said it was a 200m Im not quit shur. I havent actually drove in reverse yet, but it roll backwards just not forward thats why I think it might have got bumped.
Thanks for all the help Im drive to the shop check it out and get back to you guys tonight

ditchmud
06-23-2010, 05:01 PM
It won't roll because it is in gear. It will still roll easily backwards in gear but not forward.

MonroeMike
06-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Welcome.

Enter the VIN in Rob's decoder.

http://atcvin.webs.com/

haggard 2hundie
06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
i thought the big reds were 200/250 es ? and the 200m was a diff machine but theres a good chance that im wrongola
what honda trikes have reverse 250 sx , big reds , any others ?

ottneys200
06-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Yes, I will check the vin first thing in the am.

I havent owned one of these in years lol ! Well I found the problem if you guys wana shoot me some ideas.

My shift lever is kinda stripped...We put a bolt and nut through and thats when we where testin it out.
Im not to firmiler with the peice but the lever moves up and down. (The guy before me also had a bolt in it.) Well it also looks like and the end of the lever it might of been broke before...Has anyone ever had this problem ?
Oh and in all this the pull start broke...Will this work

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=&productId=p51291&leafCatId=&mmyId=12811

TDS
06-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Get some pictures of the atc.

An

ottneys200
06-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes, I can do that. It looks pertty easy to put them on ?