PDA

View Full Version : swing arm bolt holes wollowed out and causing chain tighting issues...

down4thakrown
06-23-2010, 01:48 PM
i through the chain on my 250r a few years ago due to the swing are needle bearings so i put in new bearings in my bike and then realized that it wasnt only the bearings but the frame hole that the swing arm bolt goes through is wollowed out...would a fabrication shop beable to fix this? or is there somthing i can do myself? i dont wana lose another engine.

whyzee
06-23-2010, 01:52 PM
you need a new frame. sure someone on here will find you one for cheap. The cost of having it repaired will be waay more than just finding a nice frame.

fabiodriven
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't see why a good metal fabrication guy couldn't fix that. It's just steel. You should be able to have that fixed no problem. Notice I said "good metal fabrication guy". Get a good one- not some bozo with a welder.

RodKnockRacing
06-23-2010, 02:37 PM
pm DirtCrasher he maybe able to help you out

yooperman
06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
i have that same problem right now on my 85 350x right now. i am having a guy i know who owns his own weld/fabrication shop extend a swing arm for my 200x. and once i get home he is gonna take a look and fix up my from for me. i was told to throw a washer on it to thicken up the erea to make it stronger.

fabiodriven
06-23-2010, 03:33 PM
i was told to throw a washer on it to thicken up the erea to make it stronger.

That's a really good idea.

yooperman
06-23-2010, 03:39 PM
its a upper michigan thing good idea's come from up there lol just kidding but the guys said it should work pretty good