PDA

View Full Version : Good trade?

mrfixitup
06-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I currently have a Honda 1985 250sx 3 wheeler and a guy is wanting to trade me a Honda 2001 300ex 4 wheeler for it. The 4 wheeler has been wrecked and will new a new rim and tie rod and few broken bolts in front end. My 3 wheeler needs nothing- ready to ride. Any of you guys had any exp. with this 4 wheeler? Are they as dependable as the old 3 wheelers? What else should I be looking for on that wrecked 4 wheeler that may be costing me more than what it is worth? Never have had a 4 wheeler; Always stayed with the dependable and reliable big reds. Still have 3 left in the stable. But I thought a newer 4 wheeler for trade want be bad but; I know nothing when it comes to these newer 4 wheelers! What ya think? Pic is of 250sx Im trading

juggaloclownz18
06-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Thats all a personal opinion, i have done lots of toy trading, its all up to you....

I would look that frame over damn good though!! A-Arms are pretty expensive on them too, check those good and the steering stem/handlebars etc etc.... Really think it and look it over good before you do anything, its newer so could be worth more investing money into, as long as its not all messed up in the major important area, but if any of the other things above are messed up i would not consider it, your just setting up for failure in the future, a quad that cant drive staight and shakes aint worth a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro if its vibrating your brain loose at 20mph LOL :-)

But if you think its a good deal, and you want to drive that machine, then it only matters for your personal opinion! After all your the one spending time/money wrenchin and riding it not anyone else.... Good luck bro!

mrfixitup
06-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks Jugg! I never even thought about the shimming or vibration. I will have to remember there be a extra wheel out front to keep on the ground. Have you ever heated a rim or tie rod to straighten it back out! That is what i thinking for a cheap fix?

juggaloclownz18
06-21-2010, 12:00 PM
never tried it, but its worth a shot, if the parts are junk anyhow, its either gonna fix it for free or end up in the scrap pile where its headed anyhow.... I would be more converend with the straightness of the frame and geometry of the rest of it, quads are really touchy as to how they steer and such....

oldskool83
06-21-2010, 12:08 PM
well i got 2 of them a 96 and a 2001. the 300's seems to be normaly beat from what ive seen. i basicly had 2 motors that i could make 1 from. if the things smokes i prob stay away. my 01 motor has rocker arms half eaten away, a broken cam sproket and a broken clutch basket gear and a few other things. i did 1 fully rebuild for now its better then a new 300ex off the showroom floor.

with any bike it can either be good or bad trades. lucky when i traded for mine i already had got the machines i trades for free and i ended up selling 1/2 the bike anyway and got the motor for nothing + cash back!

if a kid owned or and has no records or mantinace run away, i normaly profile the people i trade stuff with, if you call me and got kids screaming in the back round i hang up, ive been into this game way to long.

besides that, if they are taken care of they will last 150 years

juggaloclownz18
06-21-2010, 12:15 PM
now wait a minute oldskool, what do kids screaming in the background have to do with anything? My children always act up when im on the phone, and they sure have nothing to do with how well my vehicles get taken care of..... Just because i have kids dont mean i dont know anything about bikes....

mrfixitup
06-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks oldskool! Its soooooo funny you talk about the kids screaming! when this guy called I could hardly hear him due to the kids screaming in the background!lol

oldskool83
06-21-2010, 12:25 PM
its been my experance to not have good experances with this. after about 5 dif times of hearing family yelling on the phones and swearing while i cant get a word in i dont wanna deal with it. most good parents will not sit there and scream and swear back i dont think while on the phone or trying to sell somthing. i can see how my comment might of been taken outta context, if i would of explained the situations i had little further.

the last time i went to a home where i heard this happening on the phone when we pulled up, kids were running rabbit in the steets and throwing stuff everyware at the my car also, i turned around and left. thats why when i hear it now and dont even get a hey sorry wait a min im not going to the persons home.

mrfixitup
06-21-2010, 12:27 PM
You sure you dont live in alabama?lol

juggaloclownz18
06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
hahaha its only a joke, i was busting your balls, i usually go outside to talk, so the kids cant bother me, but mine are good behaved children, you can tell when you get somewhere what kind of people they are, its worth looking at, but if you get there and dont have a good feeling about the people or the place, then trust your instinct and leave for sure!!!!

I was just playin oldskool LOL :-)

oldskool83
06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
its cool i didnt know, the net can make things seam dif then what ment.

juggaloclownz18
06-21-2010, 02:54 PM
yeah, it sucks, cause i am sarcastic as hell but it never comes out that way on the internet lol.... but for future reference, i never talk shite on the internet, i just ignore people if i disagree, its a lot easier you know how it goes.... :-)

Walkerallen
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
the tie rod end can be heated up an straitened out. normally on a four wheeler they can simply be straitened out with out heat, just with your on strength and a hammer. if you still have other big reds, i would still make the trade because if you don't like the 300ex, which i highly doubt will happen, it can be sold very easy because they are very easy to build and make faster