PDA

View Full Version : Just "picked" Cycle Country Big Red Plow - "Bring on the snow"

MotorCity
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
NOt right yet, though. Summer just got here. I've been looking for a Cycle Country plow for my 1985 Big Red 250ES for a long time now. Just scored one yesteday. Needs to just be wire wheeled and painted, and I'll be good to go. I have to make a bracket for the one that attaches to the front engine mount , though, the guy I got the plow from left it on his trike when he sold it.

Does anyone have any pics for the bracket that mounts to the front engien/frame? This is the bracket which produces the "pivot point" with the hand lift.

I have the other two brackets that mount under the footpegs.

Pics up soon.

Plan on using it for plowing my driveway wtih the brutal Michigan winters we get here, plus also probably to make ice skating rink for the kids.

juggaloclownz18
06-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Congrats!! If i didnt have my husqvarna tractor w/ blower, i would have put a plow on my old big red too, i have seen only one of these in my life, seemed to work pretty good!!

As far as snow, KEEP IT IN MI, we dont want it here in NY lol :-)

Thorpe
06-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I made the plow on my BR... Love it... Pushes snow amazingly well!

MotorCity
06-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Thorpe,
Nice plow, and even nicer big red. That thign is sweet!!

BTW, can anyone comment on how "thick" snow these big reds will plow? I have a very nice set of tire chains also. Just curious.

Mike

Chillian
06-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Congrats!! If i didnt have my husqvarna tractor w/ blower, i would have put a plow on my old big red too, i have seen only one of these in my life, seemed to work pretty good!!

As far as snow, KEEP IT IN MI, we dont want it here in NY lol :-)

LOL.. your in the wrong state.. Being that we are on the edge of tug hill(highest snowfall on the east coast 250" to 300" avg) I love the snow personally but then again i snowmobile as well.

I had a 85 big red with a plow setup, loved it. Although a few times i caught a rock or something and the drop lever came back and whacked my knee(ouch). But all and all could push a good amount of snow. Wet snow only a few inches fluffy stuff up to 10" to a foot. Worked great miss that machine. Just watch that hand lift lever keep your leg in tight it will catch from time to time and you'll be walking funny for a few days.

Thorpe
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
I have moved 15-18 inches of fluffy stuff... Cant always take a full swath, but when plowing with the BR, its ok, its kinda just fun to do! (I dont even own chains for mine)

3Wheel_Gunner
06-21-2010, 04:49 PM
I made the plow on my BR... Love it... Pushes snow amazingly well!

Darrin, what are the odds I could get you to send me a pantload of good, detailed pics of that setup and the mounting system. I MUST BUILD ONE:p:p

Thorpe
06-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Pretty darn good I would say.....

200xman
06-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Here's what the front mount should look like. I used a piece of chain for the connection to give the plow a little more float.

MotorCity
06-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Chillian, thanks for the heads up on watching out for rocks, etc, and the smackback to the knee.

200Xman, thanks for the pictures. Interesting to see you have a chain that comes off the front motor mount bracket. The guy I got the plow from said there is a "pin" that should mount into the bracket that mounts to the front engine mount, and also that this bracket should have a slight "bend" to it... I got pics of my plow, I'll be loading them up shortly.