PDA

View Full Version : 250R kill switch Q?

xr132
06-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Why wont my '85r kill switch work when it's running out of fuel????

200xranger
06-20-2010, 10:04 AM
2 strokes will rev up when starved for fuel and its hard to get them to shut down. does the switch work if its just at idle?

xr132
06-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Ya, it's always worked.

juggaloclownz18
06-21-2010, 07:33 AM
sometimes there just running on compression alone (with no spark needed or so i have been told) and they are very hard to shut off, my blaster did this to me several times, just dump the clutch and your good to go, prob. should keep an eye on the fuel so this doesnt happen again, i know i have paid better attention now.... It is caused by the fuel leaning out when it gets low, and throws the mixture off a bit...

did you check and see if you have any air leaks at all, that can cause it to happen more often....

nitrodude81r
06-21-2010, 12:15 PM
A.K.A. Death Rev

juggaloclownz18
06-21-2010, 12:22 PM
hahaha sure is!

xr132
06-23-2010, 01:06 AM
sometimes there just running on compression alone (with no spark needed or so i have been told) and they are very hard to shut off, my blaster did this to me several times, just dump the clutch and your good to go, prob. should keep an eye on the fuel so this doesnt happen again, i know i have paid better attention now.... It is caused by the fuel leaning out when it gets low, and throws the mixture off a bit...

did you check and see if you have any air leaks at all, that can cause it to happen more often....

Ya it looked like i had more fuel than i did(you know how it is lol) It's only happened once and i WAS outa gas. ive ridden it a fair bit since and it runs great so i'll just keep a sharper eye on the "petrol". Thanks!

juggaloclownz18
06-23-2010, 06:47 AM
Yeah no problem, i first had this issue with my LT250r and i was like WTH is going on, but my switch worked thank god, and killed it out when it started to rev, but i freaked out for about an hour before i realized even though there still was gas in it, it wasnt enough.... LOL Filled it back to the top and ran the rest of the day with no issues, not like a 4 stroke where you can run em dry....