PDA

View Full Version : headlight

haggard 2hundie
06-18-2010, 10:10 PM
ok i got a new headlight bulb in hopes that was all i needed , well it dont work and im not having much luck with the thread search.
so where do i start , all the connections are connected but no light new wiring harness ?

down705
06-18-2010, 10:35 PM
simple things first take your switch wires apart behind the head lite and hook up a oham meter and check to see if the switch is good. in the manual gives you all the different checks you can make .

Grizzlypeg
06-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Does the tail light work? If not, check the voltage between the yellow (power) and green wire (ground). I think you have a 1st gen 200x right? If there is no power there, then the alternator isn't putting out any. If there is power there, then check the switch, bulb plug, wiring, etc.

haggard 2hundie
06-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Does the tail light work? If not, check the voltage between the yellow (power) and green wire (ground). I think you have a 1st gen 200x right? If there is no power there, then the alternator isn't putting out any. If there is power there, then check the switch, bulb plug, wiring, etc.

thanks its an 86 and i havent got a tester so that is holding me up a bit but no the taillight does not work either and i havent even looked at that bulb yet been too busy painting tank and fenders and re zip stichin