PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, forks

TrailerRider
06-18-2010, 11:35 AM
I am having one hell of a hard time trying to get my 84 200s forks to slide all the way back in. One side is always lower than the other. Is there a trick I need to know about? I tryed spraying wd40 on the shock and it made no difference. I finally had to give up yesterday cause I was ready to flip my wig. Worst is I have a full tank of gas and can't go ride. :mad: and maybe it is just me but when I looked out the window the bike was looking at me sighing. Almost looked sad. :lol: (I might be crazy though).

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
06-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Get a wire wheel attachment for a drill and work the insides of the triple tree to shine them up really nice and smooth. Im rebuilding some 200m forks now and they're the same way.

Thorpe
06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Cant get the forks reassembled or cant get the tubes into the triple?

oldskool83
06-18-2010, 01:19 PM
slide in the tripples? looses the bolts haha. if that not it im sorry, i always jacke the bike up, drop the wheel and slide forks in.

now your tripples could be not stright or corked, if that that case you'd need to loose them streeting them nut. after a hard crash they can get tweeked.

TrailerRider
06-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Can't get the shock to slide into the fork tube. Yes the bolts are removed. I have had the bike jacked up, striaght up (vertical and upside down even). By the looks this is the first time they have ever come out so I am going to clean and try again. They are not bent so guessing it just needs to be cleaned inside the fork tube.

oldskool83
06-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Loosed up your tripple tree nut. how did they come out?

TrailerRider
06-21-2010, 01:26 AM
Got them back in. Left side had some surface rust inside the tube. Cleaned it and they went right in. Thanks for tips all :)