PDA

View Full Version : Big Red, Big Hill

MudBug
06-17-2010, 07:38 PM
That hill I said that my friend demolished his trike on, has been tamed. I am the first that I know of to do this on trike. Only one of my other friends do it and thats on a 4 wheel drive bike. Believe me this is steeper than it looks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8l2HzmwtIw

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
06-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Sweet you really need a shot from on the hill though to get a feel for how steep it really is. It does look steep though just by having that guy standing there.

MudBug
06-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm going to try it again tomorrow with someone to hold the camera. It was just rested on the rack of my buddys quad. Its hard to get an angle to show how steep it really is. Maybe when I get my helmet cam going it will turn out good.

zackwhite
06-17-2010, 08:46 PM
haha thats nuthing like wat we got here.

Thorpe
06-17-2010, 09:56 PM
That looks like what we would do on Zingers around here!

Grizzlypeg
06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Good to see you made it. Looks like it took some speed and momentum. What happened when your friend wiped out?

MudBug
06-18-2010, 05:51 AM
haha thats nuthing like wat we got here.

I'll believe it when I see pics or videos

That looks like what we would do on Zingers around here!

I'm hoping that you're being sarcastic

Xhumeka
06-18-2010, 09:52 AM
good job mate!! hills _always_ look smaller on camera - but I still get a good idea of how big/steep that was! Impressive on a Big Red!

fabiodriven
06-18-2010, 11:36 AM
You got the title wrong. It should read "Big Red, small hill".

Sorry to bust on ya. Gotta start somewhere I guess. Good job! :D

MudBug
06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
You got the title wrong. It should read "Big Red, small hill".

Sorry to bust on ya. Gotta start somewhere I guess. Good job! :D

Wow. Good one. Considering stand-up?

I really think you aren't seeing how steep this is. I'll get another angle for you non-believers

puggerton03
06-18-2010, 11:55 AM
From the video it doesnt look steep, but from the picture that you posted a couple days ago it looks real steep. Dont know if I would try it on a Bigred.

MudBug
06-18-2010, 11:56 AM
From the video it doesnt look steep, but from the picture that you posted a couple days ago it looks real steep. Dont know if I would try it on a Bigred.

I agree this angle makes it look half as steep as what it really is. I only had it rested on the guys quad. I'll bring my tripod next time and we'll see what happens

Thorpe
06-18-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm hoping that you're being sarcastic

I was... (my keyboard needs a sarcasm button)

TrailerRider
06-18-2010, 12:36 PM
this the hill your refering to right? Thats pretty dam steep if you ask me. Especially on a BR. So were you sh!tting your pants at the top?

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97671&d=1276732721

Grizzlypeg
06-18-2010, 12:48 PM
I'd say when you reach the top on foot, you are no longer on foot, but probably using your hands and crawling up it. I think I'd rather drive down that hill than up it.

MudBug
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
well good news, I got my GoPro helmet cam working. So within the next few days ill have a vid of riding up it. I wouldnt do it sitting down, I have to kneel on my seet

Xhumeka
06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
well good news, I got my GoPro helmet cam working. So within the next few days ill have a vid of riding up it. I wouldnt do it sitting down, I have to kneel on my seet

don't get your hopes up with the gopro (unless it's the new HighDef version). I find the wide angled helmetcams make everything look squashed (but at least they give you a wider field of view).

take this video of me on my dirtbike for example... i overlapped 2 separate camera angles (one angle my gopro, the other angle footage taken by a buddy with a camcorder). as you can see, both hills look tiny on the helmetcam compared to the camcorder (and even the camcorder doesn't do them justice):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1erO7pwizw

It's very hard to show perspective on film I've found... But I'm still very keen to see more footage of your ATC hillclimbing!!!

RIDE SAFE!

PS - is that hill in the still picture the same hill as in your video??

MudBug
06-18-2010, 05:32 PM
don't get your hopes up with the gopro (unless it's the new HighDef version). I find the wide angled helmetcams make everything look squashed (but at least they give you a wider field of view).

take this video of me on my dirtbike for example... i overlapped 2 separate camera angles (one angle my gopro, the other angle footage taken by a buddy with a camcorder). as you can see, both hills look tiny on the helmetcam compared to the camcorder (and even the camcorder doesn't do them justice):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1erO7pwizw

It's very hard to show perspective on film I've found... But I'm still very keen to see more footage of your ATC hillclimbing!!!

RIDE SAFE!

PS - is that hill in the still picture the same hill as in your video??

Yep! thats the same hill. Hard to believe I know :lol: I'll have more climbing vids tomorrow, were all going for a big ride so stay tuned.