PDA

View Full Version : Jetting help!

whittim
06-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Hey i have a 1984 200e big red. I recently put a snorkle on from the carb back out of abs piping. The bike seems to work fine but has a stumble if your cruising in second letting the engine labour and then snap the throttle. It falls on its face but then picks up and then takes off and works great top end. I've frigged with my needle and can't seem to get it worked out. Just changed my main to a larger one and hesitation improved but its still there. Plug color is dark black and dry. I don't know where to go any one ever run into this??

MonroeMike
06-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Read this, it may help.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?55086-Carb-Jetting-101-Terms-Tips-and-Jetting-Theory

Grizzlypeg
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Anything that adds restriction to the intake will make the mixture richer. You have made it even richer with the larger jet. Black plug. sounds like you are going in the wrong direction.

TeamGeek6
06-19-2010, 05:36 PM
The plug is badly fouled from WAAAAYYY too much fuel. Must start from scratch by not screwing with the carb, but putting it back to STOCK. After all, the engineers who selected the jets know far more than anyoen here about jetting and unless you put it back to stock, theres no way to evaluate the air and ignition.

Texas 200x
06-19-2010, 08:07 PM
The snorkel will restrict you will have to jet leaner.