PDA

View Full Version : '83 Honda 110 Stumbles in MidRange

Max Diesel
06-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Hello All! I'm just about to pull what is left of my hair out trying to get my Honda running right. It will idle, rev, and return to idle fine under no load. When I go to take off under load, it falls on it's nose. If I put the choke on it runs fine throughout the rpm range. If I put the pilot screw all the way in it changes nothing. (says in my Clymer manual it should die at some point, then to screw it out one turn) Still runs the same as described above. It did this before and after I installed a carb kit and cleaned it thoroughly. I have the needle set at one slot from the bottom, and the pilot screw 1 1/8 turns out. I'm leaning towards replacing the whole carb with a new ebay carb.. Thanks in advance.

squirrel1182
06-15-2010, 12:23 PM
My klt 200 does same thing. Try replacing your plug. mine needs new rings so it fouls so quick it can only be ran wide open. And every time i put a new plug in it it is fine for about 5 min then it starts acting up. Does yours have a hard time starting?

cbx1170
06-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Yes pilot/mix screw should cause high idle or blubber & die. Ck float height / fuel level. Reblow out all carb passages. Test with contact or carb cleaner. forward and reverse flow ck all possibilities of all circuits. Find them all. This take a little time and many of your finger tips to block passages/routes. But it works.