PDA

View Full Version : atc 200m never rode

gsw902
06-10-2010, 06:09 PM
I started in the motorcycle machanics program at my local comminity college a few weeks ago. The school owns a bunch of bikes, and today I was up on a loft above the shop, where they store engines and dirt bikes, over in the corner under an inch of dust was a 200m that looked new. most of the bikes where donated from manufactures to the school. I am guessing that this trike was donated in the 80's and later put on the shelf.

they will not let us take picture in the class or I would have taken some.

haggard 2hundie
06-10-2010, 06:54 PM
dont be a wuss get a pic of that thing lol

gsw902
06-10-2010, 06:56 PM
I had my cell phone out and ready, but you right I chickened out

tri again
06-10-2010, 06:57 PM
awww, tell the shop teacher that they are illegal and that they need to get it off the premesis and you know a bunch of concerned citizens that will donate their time to move it to the appropriate museum.

I happen to know of a non profit 501 (c) 3 corporation in Oregon that takes these dangerous machines

MudBug
06-10-2010, 06:58 PM
snap one on the sly! We all love pics!

thestud25
06-10-2010, 07:10 PM
First of all it is a community college, and they are not going to kick you out for taking a couple of photos. Second, stay after class and ask the instructor if he would be so kind to let you take pictures of it for a class project, all the while spouting information on the CPSC as the basis for your paper. I am sure he will indulge your request. PICS PICS PICS!!!

puggerton03
06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Is there a way to get it out of the loft fairly easily, after hours, just to take pictures, in the back of your truck?

DickyDanger
06-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Is there a way to get it out of the loft fairly easily, after hours, just to take pictures, in the back of your truck?

hahaha awesome

Xpress
06-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Ask if they wanna sell :D

gsw902
06-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I think they just put it up there and forgot about it. I will try to find out more about it. I thought about asking if I could get it down and get it running. But we are mainly working on the new harleys.

trikes4life
06-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Working on harleys???? what has this world come to.

gsw902
06-10-2010, 09:44 PM
well it like the car mechanic, if you want a steady job learn to work on fords and drive a chevy.
work on harleys and ride a honda.

TatTooL23
06-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Lol. You're exactly right. They need Harley mechanics all over, everyday because they do nothing but break. All they r, r tractor motors. That's y they vibrate so bad, they r fighting themselves. Anyway, if u have an iPhone there is an app that takes pics like every 5 secs automatically. U don't need to press anything. Just hold it up to trailprotrailpro ear like u r talking and it will keep taking pics. trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro u could talk to the president of the college right in front of u and be taking pics.

factoryX
06-11-2010, 12:18 AM
screw the pics try to buy it. bet you could pick it up for cheap.

gsw902
06-11-2010, 11:55 AM
they wont sell anything. some guys in my class told me that they tried to buy some frames last fall, the instuctor told them the school couldnt sell them, they had to cut them up and throw them away.

oldskool83
06-11-2010, 12:30 PM
(weld um back together)!!!!!! BTW what they gonna do give ya some D hall for taking a pick of a trike. if you'd really want it you could pull some strings to get it. i am sure a $5,000 donation to your school would easly get you that trike no questions down. trust me, money always talks for school board memebers.

Dirtcrasher
06-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Legally they cannot sell it.

5000$ won't cover the legal repercussions and or fees I hate to say :D

It would have to be a secret side deal IMO......

Gearheadtom
06-12-2010, 09:30 AM
they wont sell anything. some guys in my class told me that they tried to buy some frames last fall, the instuctor told them the school couldnt sell them, they had to cut them up and throw them away.

That's the same way my high school is. The people that donated the vehicles won't let the school sell them.

dajeepman
06-12-2010, 06:16 PM
well the bike could come up missing for unknown reason haha and pay the instructor some money on the side to keep it shut haha
thats how it was at my automotive class they had a 1997 Jeep wrangler donated by Chrysler... and they had parts of a Rubicon that was totaled in a roll over... I wanted parts but the instructor would not let us even touch it.

gsw902
06-13-2010, 02:49 PM
I think all they can legally do is donate them to another school, I know they donated a Honda Rebel to the motorcycle riders training course but its taught on the schools campus.

MTS
06-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Up here the Trade school sells em off evey once in a while as the run out of room and the bikes advance in technology, Funds just go back into the program, most of them are Un-registrable i think as 90% of them are pre-production bikes, Some are not certified ect,,, Cool find tho,

hublake
06-13-2010, 03:41 PM
A number of years ago when I taught shop at the middle school where I worked, we got a couple of 4cylinder motors from Buick Motors in Flint, Mi with the understanding that they couldn't be sold. We used them for a couple of years and when we dropped the small engine repair class the motors just sat there in a corner. One day they disappeared and no one knew what happen to them.