PDA

View Full Version : who uses their 12v plug on honda big red

ctk
06-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I noticed the 12v plug up near the headlight on my big red. Anybody ever use it?

b11sentra
06-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Ive got one too, but i dont have anything that will connect to it. I may replace it with something else.

tri again
06-10-2010, 03:55 AM
i've heard people replace them with a 'powerpoint' or glorified cigarette lighter socket and Then, never use them either.

Been tempted to look for orig sales brochures to see what they were trying to entice us with.

Should be reasonably clean 12 v dc current from the battery but not sure I'd use sensitive electronic devices due to the rectified only charge circuitry.

Thorpe
06-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Plugged my phone into it once...

rugman316
06-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I took the plug apart and attached two wires with a cigarette lighter end onto it so I can just use the plug when I need it and I didn't have to modify any wiring and kept it all original if that makes any sense. I carry one of those small air compressors with me hoping someday I can use it to pump up a tire enough to get me home in a pinch.

xrider
06-10-2010, 12:48 PM
There was a optional hondaline spot light that honda made back in the day that plugged into it too

CRAZY70MAN
06-11-2010, 05:55 AM
There was a optional hondaline spot light that honda made back in the da:Dy that plugged into it too I removed mine and installed a cig lighter. Never have used yet. Honda also offered plug in heated grips or handwarmers for this someone told me. Great powerpoint for a plug in portable winch I thought?