PDA

View Full Version : 81 atc250r to dr480r

Deathrocket
06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
well since I've blown up the motor in my 250r and since i just got a new job that pays well ive decided to go from all trerain cycle 250 race to death rocket 480 race. couple of things.. first off how different are the mounts? I haven't got the motor yet.. (pm me if ya got one) ive done tons of motor swaps on cars and trucks but i haven't done anything on a bike / trike / quad. so are there any things that would snag a first timer when doing this conversion? am I going to need the cr480's electronics or will the 250's run the motor? will i have to do anything weird with the exhaust? or anything else? thanks folks.

nitrodude81r
06-09-2010, 10:28 PM
You are going to need the 480's electronics, the kickstart has to be slightly modified, the exhaust will have to be custom built or a modified 480 or mugen. For more info look at Bigbores build. I think he also makes the mounts you will need.

Deathrocket
06-10-2010, 07:39 PM
so no1 likes my DR480R idea... I think i'm gonna make a decal lol

TheRealFatShady
06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
CR480R Conversion - Big Bore did it.

Mounts look slightly different I've heard. I think Big Bore mentioned one fin needed to be shaved a small amount. He sells the complete drop in kit for $180 I think, I haven't picked one up yet.

Pipes - Custom made or mod one. I think the CR480 exhaust will work but needs to be extended 1/2" or something of the sort.
I got your PM. I only have a top end, I bought a spare top end off a complete CR480 engine. I can try to get ahold of the seller and see if he still has the bottom end, then if he does I can sell my spare top end, (Shorty also PM'ed about it)