PDA

View Full Version : 200x problem

Mr.Atc
06-09-2010, 08:19 PM
on my 200x there is a T with 3 rubber tubes coming off of it and one end goes on the center case of the engine one tube goes down by the swingarm and the other i cant figure out where it goes and also is there a trick to bleeding the disc brakes on a trike?

shortline10
06-09-2010, 08:44 PM
on my 200x there is a T with 3 rubber tubes coming off of it and one end goes on the center case of the engine one tube goes down by the swingarm and the other i cant figure out where it goes and also is there a trick to bleeding the disc brakes on a trike?

Its just a vent and doesnt connect to anything . Should attatch to a hanger by the shock canister .

Dirtcrasher
06-09-2010, 08:49 PM
It's a crankcase breather.....

Try searching for "brake bleeding, or bleeding brake" it's been gone over a zillion times......

Grizzlypeg
06-09-2010, 08:57 PM
On the brake bleeding, I attach a small clear hose to the bleeder nipple and crack it open just far enough to get fluid to flow. I put the end of the hose in a jar and keep the master cylinder filled. After I'd completely flushed the system through gravity, I pump the master cylinder a few times to see if air comes out the bleeder, so long as it does, I keep the process going. Never let the master cylinder draw air back into the system, or you start from the beginning. Every once in a while, close the bleeder and see if the system is firm.

Dirtcrasher
06-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Half the issue is guys tighten them too much, the bleeder side holes crush.

I force fluid from the rear bleeder (cracked a hair loose) and push the fluid yup to the master while slowly pumping the brake pedals as I force fluid UPWARDS. When I get close to being out of fluid, I tighten the bleeder and repeat. Works EVERYTIME unless you master is bad and or you allow air in the system. I do not even "pump up the brakes" yet the pedal feel is perfect.

I use a syringe from a veterinarian clinic - bring a 1/4" or so sized hose and explain what your doing, I never need the needles......

Other syringes inject SLIME and or grease in small factory sealed upper and lower ball joints................. Some of those I ask for the biggest needle from.

Braided SS lines makes all the difference in the world..................

If I can't get them bled perfect in 5 minutes, there is another issue.