PDA

View Full Version : GOT SCAMMED, how do I contact Paypal?

250rmanfmf
09-06-2003, 05:20 PM
hey, recently, there was a atc 250r MSD Ingition on ebay and I lost the auction. So I emailed the seller and said if the buyer backs out I will buy it. Well 2 days later he said the buyer backed out and I could have it and to pay by paypal. So I did, and that was on 7/27. still today I have no MSD Ingition and he wont responed now. I need to try to contact Paypal to see if there is anyway I get get some cash back. Also come to find out that he told the high bidder that he couldnt ship it.

HIS name on ebay is rc2000. WATCH OUT FOR HIM

He wont even confirm that he sent it, last time he emailed me was 7/29 and so any help would be great so I can get my cash back and get this scum off of ebay and paypal.

Thanks
Tyler

Dirtcrasher
09-06-2003, 05:30 PM
hey, recently, there was a atc 250r MSD Ingition on ebay and I lost the auction. So I emailed the seller and said if the buyer backs out I will buy it. Well 2 days later he said the buyer backed out and I could have it and to pay by paypal. So I did, and that was on 7/27. still today I have no MSD Ingition and he wont responed now. I need to try to contact Paypal to see if there is anyway I get get some cash back. Also come to find out that he told the high bidder that he couldnt ship it.

HIS name on ebay is rc2000. WATCH OUT FOR HIM

He wont even confirm that he sent it, last time he emailed me was 7/29 and so any help would be great so I can get my cash back and get this scum off of ebay and paypal.

Thanks
Tyler

That bites - thats WAY too long for no resonse. People who don't respond just don't want to! Can't you find a link with PAYPAL?? for help? It's really crazy when you think about it - we send strangers our $$ and hope it comes and then hope it comes and it's GOOD. I know they have a resolve type thing which probably is a waste of time etc. But if he is verified etc. they should be able to help you - just imagine if you sent him a monr=ey order.

Billy Golightly
09-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Honestly, I'm pretty sure that unless you pay extra for the "Satisfaction insurance" your screwed :(

350x'inNY
09-06-2003, 07:14 PM
I had a guy send me a broke radio. PayPal at the time said they only refund if you never recieved the item. I was like..."So the guy can send me a $200 paper weight and that's ok? :evil:

Most credit cards will also dismiss the charges too if you can prove that you never got the merchandise.

Ebay has a 'Square Deal thing too. But you have to initiate the dispute before 60 days I think.

Bruce

Howdy
09-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Paypal gives you 30 days to file a dispute. It is past that now. You might still try but I doubt you can. Do you have this address? if you do maybe someone here lives close by.
Howdy

'86X
09-06-2003, 09:09 PM
It's called square trade and it's worthless, don't bother. Paypal may do nothing since it was not won under an eBay auction. This guy seems to be a scammer. Paypal SUCKS!!

slippy4
09-06-2003, 09:29 PM
paypal will do something but i dont know how they do it, i modded this guys ps2 awile ago and along time after that he broke it and he filed something about item not described and paypal sent me a thiny saying a file was reported bla bla and seeing that its past 30 days there wont be any investigation about it just take the money from me and give it to him. all is resolved now but yes, they do do that stuff even after awile

250rmanfmf
09-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys for the info, I notified paypal and yes the computer said it has been past 30 days but we will record it. It is a stupid rule (30 days rule) If I dont rec. my item 2-3 weeks from the day I bought it I would contact seller to find out what is going on, this happen and sometimes you can spend a month just in waiting. so I think it is stupi but hopefully I will get something back.

Thanks
Tyler

roofinggun
09-07-2003, 04:14 PM
This web site is for the internet fraud complaint center. http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
I have had luck when informing people I plan on filing a complaint.

86250RZ
09-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Contact Visa, Mastercard or what ever card you paid with they can be a great help, they help me get $600.00 dollors back from Godfather Customs after they never sent me the item I had on order. I fought with Godfather Customs for over a month after contacting Mastercard I had my money credited back within days. Hope this helps