PDA

View Full Version : 84 200s burning Oil

New2Trikes
09-06-2003, 05:19 PM
hi, I just got my first Trike ever. I have been a quad rider all my life and own a Raptor but this trike i just bought impresses me I must say! It runs great, about 55mph top end, clocked with a road bike but it burns oil. The person i bought it from trailprotrailpro said the Vavle seals were bad in it. I was wondering if it is worth it to get a complete gasket kit and have all the seals/gaskets replaced? Also is this burning of oil making me loose ne power/speed? I'm new to trikes and only 17 so some advice would be appreciated. thanks guys

arkantrike
09-10-2003, 03:54 PM
hey i also have an 84 200s that has an oil smoke problem. it smokes for a while at start up then goes away. the local honda shop told me that
this is the valve seals as you mentioned and that as long as it goes away after running awhile it's ok and don't worry about fixing it until it gets bad and non-stop.

now if it doesn't quit smoking then it is your rings and, yes, you are losing power because the rings are close to worn out. hope this helps ;)

broook
09-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Best way to go is to buy the "Top End Gasket Kit". This contains the valve stem seals and head gasket, all o rings and exhaust to head gasket.
Lot cheaper to buy the kit than indivivual items. :-D