PDA

View Full Version : returning parts?

Jim mac
06-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I bought some parts off ebay for my trike, I recieved the parts last week, left the guy such a good feedback he sent me more of the same parts today! I think he just screwed up in shipping. Can I just take the box back to the post office and put return to sender? I just dont want to hassle with getting money from the guy then sending it back etc. The box that came cost about 21 bucks to ship. thanks. jim

Grizzlypeg
06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
If the post office lets you just drop it off, writing "Return to Sender" I'd imagine that the post office will then have to hold the parcel and charge him postage before he can pick it up. So I would check with him whether he wants them back or not.

atc350xer
06-08-2010, 10:02 PM
right... sometimes it's cheaper for the seller to just let you keep the parts... happened to me a few months ago

Jim mac
06-08-2010, 10:22 PM
these are brand new atc70 fenders. I paid $130 including shipping for the set I bought, then these showed up today. I'll email him through ebay to see what he wants to do. If he discounts the cost of shipping or something I may just keep them and pay for them. jim

TheRealFatShady
06-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Glad to see honest people still around, most people would have had those listed on Craigslist and eBay that day.

Jim mac
06-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Ive actually got a beater 70 project, I put the new fenders on the running 70 and planned on throwing the used cracked fender on the beater, but the beater may get some new fenders too. jim

harryredtrike
06-09-2010, 10:23 AM
id contact him and see what he want to do.use his contact seller option on the site.

Jim mac
06-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I got ahold of him on ebay, just trying to figure out if these were suppose to go to someone else or what, but we'll get it figured in a day or so I imagine. jim

Jim mac
06-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Seller told me we'd call it even for $75. I paid for them, figure I'd try to see if I could trade them local for stuff for my beater 70, if not, I'll just put them on the beater and keep looking for parts. jim

atc350xer
06-14-2010, 08:19 AM
too bad you're so far away... I need fenders and have a bunch of spare 70 parts :(

juggaloclownz18
06-14-2010, 08:36 AM
wow man, your right most people would have just kept them, i know i would have ONLY becuase eBay blows and everyone rips me off on there anyhow!.... Normally i like to follow Karma but with eBay its a different story :-)

I bought a motor for a blaster on there a few months back for $600 supposedly redone top to bottom from a VERY reputable seller, and the motor was F****ed when i got it, whole bottom end was shot, I HATE EBAY!!

rdlsz24
06-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Don't hate eBay, hate the punk sellers on there that ruin it for the rest of us that are honest!

Rob

oldskool83
06-14-2010, 10:28 AM
work a deal with him, normaly i end up keeping the parts and getting my moneyback,, then i end up scraping the parts cuz they normaly junk

juggaloclownz18
06-14-2010, 11:27 AM
screw that crap, ebay kept my money for no reason after a seller transfered $400+ dollars into my account, they just up and took that and never told me until after the fact, made me wait over 4 weeks to get my money, and thats after they forced me to ship it all out, and said i couldn't have my money until the buyers all said they got the item and were satisfied. I had a rating of 78 points and 100% feedback, and all of the sudden it wasnt good enough cause i didnt have 100 points, and they told me i "could be supporting terrorism" all while being told this over the phone by ebay/paypal by a hardly speaking English person from another country!! Im Caucasian 100% american, selling motorcycle parts and now im funding terrorism solely because i dont have 100 points on ebay out of the blue one day!!!?!?!?!??? WTH.......

NEVER AGAIN AFTER THAT WILL EBAY SEE ONE HARD EARNED CENT FROM ME!!

Sorry had to rant LOL, not starting anything with anyone on here, just ticked at ebay still, it was just recent.... Anyhow back to a normal topic, good luck with the fenders glad you had a good seller that was willing to work with you! +1 karma for not keeping it for free!!!

thestud25
06-14-2010, 11:39 AM
screw that crap, ebay kept my money for no reason after a seller transfered $400+ dollars into my account, they just up and took that and never told me until after the fact, made me wait over 4 weeks to get my money, and thats after they forced me to ship it all out, and said i couldn't have my money until the buyers all said they got the item and were satisfied. I had a rating of 78 points and 100% feedback, and all of the sudden it wasnt good enough cause i didnt have 100 points, and they told me i "could be supporting terrorism" all while being told this over the phone by ebay/paypal by a hardly speaking English person from another country!! Im Caucasian 100% american, selling motorcycle parts and now im funding terrorism solely because i dont have 100 points on ebay out of the blue one day!!!?!?!?!??? WTH.......

NEVER AGAIN AFTER THAT WILL EBAY SEE ONE HARD EARNED CENT FROM ME!!

Sorry had to rant LOL, not starting anything with anyone on here, just ticked at ebay still, it was just recent.... Anyhow back to a normal topic, good luck with the fenders glad you had a good seller that was willing to work with you! +1 karma for not keeping it for free!!!

Happened to me to. I had to wait close to a month. The guy had to let Ebay know he was happy with the item, and it still took 10 days after he did that!

juggaloclownz18
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
yeah, i was on the phone with paypal for 4 hours trying to get my money, i was broke at the time, and i sold stuff to pay for food, need to feed the kids you know, and they wouldn't give me a dime, that was the only reason i sold my stuff in the first place, but that didnt matter to them, i find it bad customer service to one day tell a good customer there not good enough anymore, sorry i dont own a business to sell 1 billion items a day, ive been a 10 year customer and had 100% rating LOL no more money for them, their loss

Jim mac
06-14-2010, 09:06 PM
ive never sold anything on ebay, had my kid sell a couple things. it went smooth. For buying, its been pretty painless, since I setup my own paypal acct. I dont plan on buying anything that I cant afford to get screwed on, I figure to error on the side of caution. jim