PDA

View Full Version : ATC90 Exhaust

Frankencelery
06-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I may have asked about this before, but if so I can't find the post. My ATC90 blew a hole in the muffler on its last ride out, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a quiet replacement. This machine is made up of parts from different years, but I'm pretty sure the frame, and therefore the muffler, which is inside the frame, is 1972. All the other parts are around 1977. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the original muffler is not something that can be found, right?

atc350xer
06-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Any mid-late 70's 90 or early 110 should have the same exhaust... they're fairly common from what I've seen.

Thorpe
06-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Could you just weld a patch over the hole as a temp fix?

JayBone
06-08-2010, 08:53 AM
If you have a welder i'd weld a patch.

or:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=70+honda+atc+exhaust&_sacat=&_odkw=70+honda+atc&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

Frankencelery
06-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Damn you guys... "Can't you just weld..." I feel so inadequate. :lol:

One of these days I'm going to have to get a welder and teach myself to use it. They're so expensive though....where do you start? A buddy of mine left a little 90A stick welder at my house, and that thing is a joke. I can burn holes in stuff, but that's about it.

Yeah, it does look like maybe you could weld something over the hole. I assume on this one I have to pull the engine to get the exhaust out, right?

Oh, and Jaybone, thanks, but it's a 90, not a 70. If you search ATC90 exhaust (at least in the last few days) you get one hit, and there's no way I'm paying $135 for a muffler that's as rusty as the one I've already got!

JayBone
06-08-2010, 02:46 PM
i noticed my mistake after the fact. SORRY. I'd make a 70's fit though. ha!

atc350xer
06-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Damn you guys... "Can't you just weld..." I feel so inadequate. :lol:

One of these days I'm going to have to get a welder and teach myself to use it. They're so expensive though....where do you start? A buddy of mine left a little 90A stick welder at my house, and that thing is a joke. I can burn holes in stuff, but that's about it.

Yeah, it does look like maybe you could weld something over the hole. I assume on this one I have to pull the engine to get the exhaust out, right?

Oh, and Jaybone, thanks, but it's a 90, not a 70. If you search ATC90 exhaust (at least in the last few days) you get one hit, and there's no way I'm paying $135 for a muffler that's as rusty as the one I've already got!

I bought a Harbor Freight 110v mig welder for $89 (used a coupon!) http://www.harborfreight.com/welding/mig-flux-welders/90-amp-flux-wire-welder-94056.html and just started messing around... any pro would scoff at it, but it does what I wanted it to do!