PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

TheRealFatShady
06-06-2010, 03:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-honda-atc-250es-big-red-right-side-plastic-cover-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bccbc775QQitemZ11054 1653877QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Do I need two of these, if I were to buy Maier fenders?

So far I know I need:

1. Left/right rear fender
2. Front Fender
3. Toolbox lid

Am I overlooking these side covers? Got a BR with no plastics, gunna rack a hefty bill to get it good looking, but at least it will all be new.

Also, from the 2 tanks for the 250es sold by GHdiscountATV (or similar name, in Tennessee), does anyone know if the Clarke tank or the cheaper no-name tank matches the Maier red fenders better?

Thanks

Woodsrider
06-06-2010, 03:39 PM
If you are putting all new plastics on it...it won't look good unless you have the 2 side covers too...in my opinion. Keep in mind that there is a left and a right...they're different.

TheRealFatShady
06-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Alright, anyone know if Maier makes these side covers as well?

Might not be worth it....found a MINT BR with plow and trailer for $1200 b/o but didn't have cash. I might just sell mine as I'm gunna need like $600 in plastics/plastic tank, then more work. And I've read Maier fenders suck, don't fit, and warp quickly. Still debating.

Woodsrider
06-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I really don't think that Maier makes the side covers.

motoman1012002
06-06-2010, 08:39 PM
the tank from g and h is not clark it is a litgher red in color I just went and pick one up for the 79 110 and its way off from my maier fenders, I did a lttle wet sand and polish and it come closer but its not perfect, GandH are about 45 mins from me and I have bought a bunch from them

TheRealFatShady
06-06-2010, 09:17 PM
They sell two models, one is supposedly a clark that is like $185, I think the other is $115 and no name.

Sucks that they don't match at all. I may end up just painting them camo and clear coating them afterwards. Any idea on where to get a set of side covers?

Woodsrider
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Sucks that they don't match at all. I may end up just painting them camo and clear coating them afterwards. Any idea on where to get a set of side covers?

I think if you paint a plastic tank , you will be disappointed when the paint starts bubbling off...the gas fumes work their way throught the plastic tanks....it's tough on decals and paint.

If you want side covers, you could try a wanted ad in the classified section....or watch ebay. I have two sets and I'm holding onto them as long as I have my ES...just in case.

Thorpe
06-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I bought all maier plastics for my BR... Front, rear fenders and trunk lid... Had my tank and side covers painted to match my Maier plastic... Looks tits... Maier does not make side covers... Gotta get a set of Honda ones...

TheRealFatShady
06-06-2010, 10:52 PM
That looks real good. I am going to try to find a set, but they don't seem readily available. That plow, was it made for a trike or did you modify a quad/tractor one to fit?

Those tires and rims look great. What brand are they?

DickyDanger
06-07-2010, 12:15 AM
that br looks awesome where did you end up finding rims like that?