PDA

View Full Version : air/fuel screw

slippy4
09-05-2003, 09:32 PM
is it in or out to lean it out on a 200x? book doesnt say and my plug is as black as can be

TimSr
09-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Air screw is adjusted for best throttle response off of idle, but doesnt have anything to do with plug fouling.

slippy4
09-05-2003, 09:42 PM
alright, so why are the plugs black even after a min or so of ridding, then after a min or so then it floods itself and dies, take the plug out and kick it a few times starts up right away and goes untill it floods. the plug has awesome blue spark also

TimSr
09-05-2003, 09:51 PM
Many things can cause plug fouling, intake problems, exhaust restrictions, worn top end, carb/choke problems, or general carburetion setup. First off, is this a new problem, and did it start suddenly, or has it been a problem thats gradually gotten worse over time? Ill warn you before you get all the jetting tips from everyone, - if it used to be okay, and now its not, do not change jet sizes, or needle clip settings, because its not your problem.

slippy4
09-05-2003, 09:54 PM
well it always ran a little rich but noting as black as this, i was out in a field a few days ago and i was doing some doughnuts and suddenly a little pop, so i quit and drove home and drove around for a long time and it just missed once and awile, now the otherday i was driving and it kept missing, now you drive it for a minute and it floods out and dies.

samster143
09-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Have you checked the float bowl level? The manual has a value for the distance the float bowl hangs down from the carb. Also, if you turn the carb upside down (this will make the float rise to the top) and blow through the fuel inlet hose... no air should pass. Possibily, the valve(float bowl) is not shutting properly. This may or may not be your problem. However, float bowl height is important. Let us know how things work out. Also, how much compression is your engine producing?