PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x overheating ??

haggard 2hundie
06-02-2010, 07:29 PM
So i finally got my machine out for some real riding , and it did great !! till.... it seemed to overheat ? acted like it was running out of gas , ( which was a llittle low ) bogging real bad and wanted to die when i pulled in the clutch .

so i stopped and it died , it always idles perfect and starts on the first kick , but it wouldnt start, and the kick starter would not spring all the way back , it stopped about half way back up . i let it sit a few minutes then it fired right back up and havent had any prob starting or idling since but i also havent really rode since then just down the block and back trying to richen the mix by raising the main needle ( didnt work )

anyway can anyone help me with a diagnosis ? is this a sign of troubles to come ?

ailll1
06-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Have had the same thing happened to me on my SX.
Turned out to be low on gas.
At first, i thought the engine blew up, had very little power and died.
I let it sat for couple minutes started up 1 kick then died a little while after.
I put the fuel valve on RES and no more issues about it.
IMO, when the trike is sitting, the carb gets refueled slowly due to low gas level.
Gas doesnt get in carb fast enough the keep it running.

haggard 2hundie
06-02-2010, 10:57 PM
thanks for the reply it was low on gas but i didnt think it was too low reserve got me home no prob turns out fuel is fairly important hahaha