PDA

View Full Version : 350x owners - glass headlight

tapper190
05-29-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure how many 350x owners have there inside reflective coating peeling or discolouring or even the glass cracked. I have some and tried to buy new from Honda, but like everything else, it was discontuined. I was sitting at my computer wondering if Honda had made a similar glass head light for a different model. I started to go threw the different models and came across the trx300. I found one on e-bay for $20 and thought well, it's worth a shot. It came in the mail today. It is the same size, has a slightly different mounting bracket ( you have to use your old 350x bracket. It sits about 3/16" further into the plastic, but it looks better than the old ones that are peeling or cracked. I just thought I would share my find!
Tapper

Vealmonkey
05-29-2010, 03:53 PM
That's good info. I hope the cost isn't too bad. The last lens I got was nos and the price wasn't bad. Do those new lights have the rubber surround piece as well? Keep up the good detective work.

Grizzlypeg
05-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice work. I wonder if there is a lense that would replace the 200x? Mine's pretty weathered and doesn't reflect well.

petesatc
05-30-2010, 04:15 AM
the trx350d headlight also fits the 350x.......
Grizzlypeg i have nos 200x headlights if you need one????

tapper190
05-30-2010, 06:11 AM
the trx350d headlight also fits the 350x.......
Grizzlypeg i have nos 200x headlights if you need one????

Thanks for the info!
no it didn't come with the rubber piece that goes around the glass. I also had to bend the lower adjustment piece with a pair of vise grips.
I also did a search here on the forums after I posted. It turns out the the xr models share the same lens as well. I'm not sure about the mounting set up.

Tapper